Thread: A Spartan's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_tait View Post
    Congrats on your press!
    Cheers Alex! Thanks for stopping by!

Quote Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
    LOL Sometimes I feel the same way about the Power Cleans!

Congratulations on that kickass press PR!
    Yeah man, I don't know what's wrong with the p.cleans, one day you do 5 sets of 3 and the other day, you can only do 1 rep. I guess it's so technical that you can't do it wit bad form. Anyway, I'm not that worried about it.

Monday's workout:
    11/15/2010

Squat (5x2)
    Bench (5x3)
    Deadlift (5x1)
    292 (PR)

Good workout. Looking forward to 300 for the deads.

Wednesday's workout
    11/17/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Press (5x3)
    138x(4+4+2)
    Chinup
    (6+6+5)xBW
    B.Extension
    12x3xBW
    Dips
    (8+10+8)xBW

Bodyweight 179.
    OK, so the Press didn't go as well b/c I the bar was not moving vertically over the middle of the foot. I don't know, I wasn't focused or angry enough, so it didn't go well. Also I was feeling my neck again, so I didn't want to risk to much. I added Dips yesterday, as I feel it's a good exercise, and it's better than adding curls anyway. The problem is I haven't done this exercise in a year or so, so first I have to get the groove on it. Overall good workout. Tomorrow I'll post a couple of videos (if I don't forget to take them from my camera).

You still had a good workout. Sometimes your schedule gets disrupted or whatever but you've stuck to your guns and you've been making great progress. So don't sweat what happened with the press too much, you noticed a small form issue and now you can fix it, so that's in good shape, and adding dips is a good idea, too. They'll make your arms bigger in a lasting way and they'll help you with your bench. Over-all good work my man, keep at it :-)

Friday:
    11/19/2010

Squat (5x3)
    Bench (5x3)
    Power Clean (3x5)

I finally recorded my cleans too, and they were ugly. I'll try to put them up today, to get a few tips from you guys. The problem is that vimeo.com (which is the only video website I'm allowed to use from work) needs a confirmation from my e-mail address which I can't access from work.

BAD DAY

Monday:
    11/22/2010

Squat (5x2)
    Press (3+1 FUCK!)
    Deadlift (2x1 FUCK!)

Weight 179.5

This was a bad day. My left elbow is hurting again from the Squats. The Press suffered from this, and my elbow left me at the third rep during the Press. The Deadlift felt like a ton, and I knew that if I attempted the other reps, form would go to hell. Fuck this shit! I don't know what's happening, nutrition has been good, sleep also. I'm going for 298 again on the deads on Monday, but really I don't know what's going on here. The Press is pretty stuck and PRs are coming rarely. Let's see how bench goes, but really I would probably achieve more PRs by switching to intermediate than this way. But I'll switch only when the Squat stalls (which I hope will be as late as possible).

I'm posting my daily nutrition again:

At 7.30: 5 eggs + milk + whey protein + kiwi
    At 11: 200g Steak + potatoes or Steak + salad (your recipe )
    At 12.30 200g chicken breast + curry
    At 15.30 Milk + banana or Milk + nuts
    At 17.30 Various things, mostly carbs and vegetables, sometimes a big pizza with tuna
    At 19.00 Milk + Whey
    At 21.00 Milk + Whey (PWO shake) or this is taken before sleep on non training days
    At 21.30 200g chicken breast + rice

If anyone has ANY idea, I'm all ears.

An inspiring thing I read today: http://www.70sbig.com/?p=3206
    Last edited by Rezart Erindi; 11-24-2010 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidasfromSparta View Post
    BAD DAY

Monday:
    11/22/2010

Squat (5x2)
    Press (3+1 FUCK!)
    Deadlift (2x1 FUCK!)

Weight 179.5

This was a bad day. My left elbow is hurting again from the Squats. The Press suffered from this, and my elbow left me at the third rep during the Press. The Deadlift felt like a ton, and I knew that if I attempted the other reps, form would go to hell. Fuck this shit! I don't know what's happening, nutrition has been good, sleep also. I'm going for 298 again on the deads on Monday, but really I don't know what's going on here. The Press is pretty stuck and PRs are coming rarely. Let's see how bench goes, but really I would probably achieve more PRs by switching to intermediate than this way. But I'll switch only when the Squat stalls (which I hope will be as late as possible).

I'm posting my daily nutrition again:

At 7.30: 5 eggs + milk + whey protein + kiwi
    At 11: 200g Steak + potatoes or Steak + salad (your recipe )
    At 12.30 200g chicken breast + curry
    At 15.30 Milk + banana or Milk + nuts
    At 17.30 Various things, mostly carbs and vegetables, sometimes a big pizza with tuna
    At 19.00 Milk + Whey
    At 21.00 Milk + Whey (PWO shake) or this is taken before sleep on non training days
    At 21.30 200g chicken breast + rice

If anyone has ANY idea, I'm all ears.
    That's a shame, Leo.

Hopefully it's just the shit out of the "1 great workout, 4 ok workouts, 1 shit workout" cycle. How long has the elbow been troubling you?

Quote Originally Posted by slowjoe View Post
    That's a shame, Leo.

Hopefully it's just the shit out of the "1 great workout, 4 ok workouts, 1 shit workout" cycle. How long has the elbow been troubling you?
    I really hope it's that cycle. I had the elbow tendinitis in the summer, before going for a 2-week holiday. The holidays, plus stretching and a wider grip on the bar helped a lot. Now I'm afraid it's returning.
    Last edited by Rezart Erindi; 11-24-2010 at 06:20 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    I finally uploaded a couple of videos. Any comment/critique is appreciated.
    Squat 1:
    http://www.vimeo.com/17183726
    Squat 2:
    http://www.vimeo.com/17184240
    P.Cleans:
    http://www.vimeo.com/17183381

I know the cleans look very ugly (I'm not reverse curling them though). So for any tip, cue, don't be shy.

PS. I'm sorry for the music. I suggest turning sound off is a better alternative for the videos.
    Last edited by Rezart Erindi; 11-25-2010 at 07:34 AM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast