Thread: Restarting Starting Strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sunday, September 5
    Squat 120
    Bench 85
    Deadlift 115

Workout was okay despite bad sleep the past 2 nights, I guess the weights are still low enough for stuff like that to slide. On one set of my squats, I did 115 by accident, I was working in with a kid and forgot to put the 5 lbs back on. I might try a jump to squat 135 next week depending on my rest and eating these next 2 days (not cuz I messed up, just think I'm capable, I maybe preserved SOME of my strength from working out earlier this year).

Wednesday, Sept 8
    Squat 135
    Bench 95*
    Chins 3x3 (failed last set)

I was supposed to press today, but I was mentally on my old schedule I guess and by the time I realized I had already done a work set of bench. Squat form was good but it was tough, I won't go up higher than 10lbs anymore, and bench I will probably start bringing up by 5 lbs. I guess the bench hits my arms a lot harder than press, cuz I failed my last chin up.

Friday, Sept 10
    Squat 145
    Press 65
    Deadlift 135

Workout was good (feels great to see my strength coming back, especially on squats). I think I might need to start eating a bit more, the squats were really tough today for the first time. Press was pretty easy, but I think I'll add only 5 lbs and press again on Sunday, so that I can bench + deadlift/press + chins on alternating days again.

Sunday, Sept 12
    Squat 165
    Press 70
    Chins 3x3

Something felt wrong when I was squatting- I couldn't seem to keep the form tight on the last reps. Duh... I had 10 lbs extra on there and didn't realize it. Bad news is I'm an idiot, good news is at least I'm still making fast gains, so maybe this won't screw up progression too much. I feel like if it was 15 or something and not 20 added I could have done it. Planning to add 5 lbs next time, not keep the weight the same, any input on this?

Wednesday, Sept 15
    Squat 155
    Bench 105
    Deadlift 155

I dropped the squats down to what I should have done last workout and it went fine. This session went well and I'm already starting to notice changes, I already feel a little stronger and it could be me but my arms and back look a little better as well. Can't wait to compare 3 months from now

Friday, Sept 17
    Squat 165
    Press 75
    Chins 3x3

All the reps were successful with solid form, but difficult. I didn't eat enough the past 2 days and I felt it. Nothing drastic, but barely enough to keep the progress linear. Need to be better with that, and also my sleep has been partially interrupted by housemates waking up every morning, also not drastic but might need to be addressed.

Whats your BW brah?

Sunday, Sept 19th

No workout today... I have pain and slight swelling on the side of my knee associated with a meniscus tear, so I am definitely not going to squat until I can see a doctor, which will be tomorrow or Tuesday. Shit. I almost want to go lift just to keep up my progress, but I know it's a bad idea. I'll do some chinups or back extensions today or whatever, but goddamn am I pissed.

Ivan, my body weight is pretty damn high for how light the weights are, like 175-180 last time I checked. I'm tall and skinny but I put on some fat the past few months, too much beer and shit. Not really letting that get to how much I eat, but it's annoying.

Anyway, my knee started feeling better (haven't been able to see a doc due to schedule) and the sharp pain was gone yesterday and today, so I went ahead and did my workout, kept squats the same and raised bench and deads.

Wednesday, Sept 22
    Squat 165
    Bench 110
    Deadlift 175

Deadlifts are starting to feel a little tougher! Form was pretty tight on everything and I was happy with the workout. Maybe a few more times adding 10 to squats, 20 deads, but it's starting to get hard.

starting strength coach development program
    Well, this sucks. My doctor told me not to squat for 2 weeks, it's probably a strain but I'll be getting an xray soon to see. Kind of feel dumb going to the gym just for upper body but I guess that's what I'll do until then, or pullups at home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast