starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ThunderRabbit's SS Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Workout B

Power snatch: 120# 3x2 on the minute. Was planning on doing 8x2 and happy to get a bar that spins but the sharp knurling tore some skin near my thumb again. Gotta remember to tape next time.

Squat: 355# 5, 4, 5
    Was not feeling too good on the squats today. Did get great depth though. Didn't get a good stretch on last rep of 2nd set and ended up shifting forward and losing it.

For once, saw someone else squatting properly in the rack next to mine. He was squatting 4 plates for work set too. Sure beats the usual douches who do curls. Hopefully I'll be hitting that in another month or so.

Bench: 165# 3x5
    Not too bad. I should probably start GTG pushups again to get my bench to something respectable.

I get the same on (power)snatches. The Oly-guys seem to use straps to counter the skin tearing.

Still impressed by that squat. What's your BW at this point?

Still hovering around 200# or so. I probably should be eating and growing a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderRabbit View Post
    Still hovering around 200# or so. I probably should be eating and growing a lot more.
    I hear you. I'm also about 200, needing to grow.

Abbreviated Workout

Travel for work's getting in way of training. Just had time to squeeze in a short little number today.

Press 130# 3x5. Felt light. Could have went for more. Guess I didn't lose as much pressing strength as I thought.

Metcon:
    10 rds of 15 DL @135# and 15 pushups.
    14:35
    Felt the need to scratch metcon itch for a while after leaving Crossfit. I lost a ridiculous amount of conditioning. After another month or two of SS, I might go to CF football type programming w/ 1-2 major lifts a day + short and heavy metcon.

starting strength coach development program
    Workout B

Lighter on volume to ease back into it.

Power Snatch: 115# 5x2 on the minute
    Felt pretty good. Haven't snatched much in quite a while

Squat: 345# 2x5

Didn't feel as heavy as I thought it was gonna be. Hopefully 4 plates for work sets is still in the bag this year.

Bench: 160# 2x5

These felt heavy. I always had a weak bench and this layoff just made it even worse. Gonna start GTG pushups again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234