1x5 105 kg
    1x5 102.5 kg
    1x5 100 kg

Press
    1x3 57.5 kg
    3x4 55 kg

Chins
    3x7 yellow band

Thought i'd get 3x5 57.5kg on press easy but not quite. Funny because I got 3 reps of 60kg on RFL, but i'll be PR soon it's all good.

Default Day #5

Squat
    1x5 110 kg
    1x5 107.5 kg
    1x5 105 kg

Bench
    2x5 75 kg
    1x4 75 kg

Chins
    1x3 bw
    3x5-7 orange

Each rep of the squat was a grind, my old ass injury is back with a vengeance but i've been training through it. Got a massage lined up for tomorrow. Equaled my previous 5 rep pr on squats. That's the last of the 5kg jumps, next one will be 2.5 and that will be the last cascading weight set. After that sets across is the plan. Still suffering from overtrainedness because bench felt ridiculously hard for such a light weight, not to mention how shit my chins have gone recently. I was doing weighted chins with a 10kg plate and now i'm struggling with bw ones? It doesn't make any sense!
    Last edited by msingh; 09-02-2010 at 07:47 AM.

That bench is not bad relative to squat weight. I'm squatting MUCH more and benching a fair bit less right now.

Time for a diet review, you think? You shouldn't be struggling so much after fueling up.

Good work so far, msingh

Default Day #10

Squat
    1x5 112.5 kg (PR)
    1x5 110 kg
    1x5 107.5 kg

Press
    2x4 56.25 kg
    1x3 56.25 kg
    1x3 55 kg

Chins
    1x3, 1x5, 1x4

Shambles.. all i need to say is the 1x2 100kg warmup felt stupidly heavy and i had to grind out that warmup. The previous warmup set was 1x3 85kg and that felt heavy like a workset. Press? dunno what to say. See what happens next session.

Default Day #12

Squat
    1x5 115 kg (PR)
    1x5 112.5 kg
    1x5 110 kg

Bench
    1x4, 1x5, 1x4 77.5 kg

Deadlift
    1x5 135 kg

Chins
    1x5, 1x4

The first set of squats had good form, the last two, not so much. Not sure why.
    Deadlift wanted to start off conservatively since i've not done them for about a month and even the warmups felt heavy, but i'm glad I did them.
    Bench kinda pulled something in my right hammie in set 1, but better form in 2 saw no further problems.
    I was thinking of not squatting today but thanks to all the broz shit i've been reading, i went ahead and did it even when not feeling like doing it. Lets see how long i can sustain 3xweekly squats..

Oh and my full diet break (from RFL) is over so back to dieting now, not doing drastic RFL style dieting. Just eating clean for now until i work out a better plan.

Hey, in terms of eating just pound meat and veggies like it's your job. Especially red meat. And try stuff like greek yogurt for a good protein filled snack. Start to limit the whole milk to a couple glasses per day. Drink a good amount of water. Take a multi-vitamin two or three times a day. And get a good blended protein powder to have right before bed. Oh, and a cup of coffee in the morning. I've been doing this with pretty good results for about a month now. I'm always recovered, energy is great, and I'm making gains. And obviously try and get enough sleep.

Thanks paul, you might find this funny but i've got by with chicken and milk and whey so far and haven't really had a place for red meat in my nutrition. Or veges for that matter, although I ate a lot of them on RFL. Look i'll try to eat more red meat and veges, i'm sure I can fit it in somehow, just the whole beef thing is not very common in my household, a remnant of cultural tradition.

I have a question thought watching my deadlifts now, i break at the hips early, and my upper back kind sits there for a while, my entire spine looks curved rather than lineal: I dont have that neat sharp line to my back that i see in better videos. Is there a cue or something I should keep in mind? I'll reread SS tomorrow morning too. My setup looks straight enough, it's just when breaking the bar off the floor by then my hips have risen.

I'm switched to 1% fat milk excusively now, drinking about 2L a day.

The main reason I suggest red meat is for the increased fat. I buy into the increased serum testosterone as a result. Salmon is good for that too. Also, for veggies try and stick with broccolli and cauliflower if you can for similar reasons.

Post a vid of your DL if you can, I'll see if I have any tips.

I'll upload my next DL and show you paul; last week's was far too egregious to waste anyone's time with. I did some reading and apparently I need to sort out my setup, because i was setting up too low, perhaps.

Default Day #17

starting strength coach development program
    Squat
    3x5 115 kg (PR)

Bench
    1x4, 1x4, 1x3 78.75 kg
    1x2, 1x1 80 kg

Chins
    1x7 (PR), 1x6, 1x5

Switched to sets across on squat.
    Last edited by msingh; 09-14-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast