starting strength gym
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 120 days of Linear Progress

Default 120 days of Linear Progress

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'll be doing standard linear progression on the main lifts for 120 days or until I am a intermediate, whichever comes first. After that I'll get out of the gym and do something more interesting but until then lifting comes first. I'll avoid all other physical activity that may interfere with LP and eat and sleep in accordance with the demands of sustaining linear progress with barbell training.

Program:
    day 1: squat, push, chins
    day 2: squat, push, chins, DL
    day 3: squat, push, chins

No cleans because I dont have the time or inclination to fit them into the program. DL may become too heavy to perform weekly in that case i'll alternate with powercleans. Squatting 3xweek, and when this becomes impossible i'll omit the midweek squat and squat twice a week. I'm squatting thrice currently because kittensmash got beyond 3 plates this way, and I want to see how far I can take it myself. It might only be a week or two or it might be a month or two, we'll see. One of the chins workouts will be a weighted one and the rest will be for reps.

Dietwise i'll try to hold my weight constant all the way up to 3 plates, which I plan to do at bodyweight of 90kg at about 12% bf. From there onwards, 70sbig eating is the plan.

Default Day #1

Squat
    1x5 100 kg
    1x5 97.5 kg
    1x5 95 kg

Bench
    3x5 72.2 kg

Chins
    1x3, 1x2.5, 1x3 (blowpanis strict chins)
    1x8 orange band (nonstrict)
    1x7 yellow band
    1x4 nonstrict nonband

Bodyweight: 94.3 kg

No basketball, attack this shit

Why the decrease in weight over the 3 sets? Was this a feeling out workout to find the weight you want to start LP at?

Thought I would get in early and say you will Fail.
    you will either...
    Fail to get 140kg in 4 months.
    Fail to stay at 90kg.
    Get the shits and give up all together.

In theory you should be able to do it.
    if you squated 1kg more every squat session you will be squatting 140 for 5 reps on the 120th day (squatting 3 times a week)
    but with your history on here, I'm almost willing to put money on the fact that you will crash and burn and give up or reset the goal posts before the end date.

especially when trying to lose 4kg too.

Way to be a dick TTT.

Good luck MSingh, don't let your history here get the better of you.

Not to pour any cold water on this project, but there are a lot things that sound off here. First, why 120 days of LP? Second, after exhausting the gains from linear progression, you're going to "get out of the gym and do something more interesting"? You'll develop a strength base and then neglect it? Why even do this in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by JStrong View Post
    Way to be a dick TTT.

Good luck MSingh, don't let your history here get the better of you.
    Oh no.. someone said it like it is.. quick.. lets cuddle to make sure it's all better.
    wake up numb nuts

"1x3, 1x2.5, 1x3 (blowpanis strict chins)"

Haha, I like the name you've dubbed the exercise. Good luck to you, sir.

starting strength coach development program
    kittensmash, nope even if i somhow end up at a basketball court i'll make sure i'm wearing a suit with dress shoes and shit, not going to play until i've finished the program!

paul, i'm coming back from a short layoff but my rep/set scheme will converge on 3x5 across, probably by next week. I have a reason for this, as an expert on starting starting strength, i've done this many times before and I don't want to spend two weeks getting up to 107.5 kg (from 3x5 95 kg across) when I squatted a PR 3x3 112.5 kg 5 weeks into 1000 kcal diet without much trouble about 12 days ago. I can hit 112.5 using deramping sets in a few workouts, but i couldn't do it with 5kg jumps across (i know..). Anyway, I'm on this, i got it sorted out, relax!

city, ok, after i finish my program i'll do 5/3/1 enthusiastically for a few months, solidly detrain my squat and then go on to TX method like everyone else, happy? Jeez, so much negativity from you, i thought we were friends?!

Thanks blow and Jstrong
    Last edited by msingh; 08-31-2010 at 06:27 AM.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast