starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My log untill i can afford the book

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yeah i know its stupid, I tend to jump into shit straight away. Good and bad thing i guess. Ill check the logs tommorow after work and re structure something. Check back in a week and let me know how the changes i make going if u have time.

Thanks.

Just googled this page so going to start doing this tommorow:

http://www.startingstrength.net/workouts/

I cant do weighted dips untill i make a parrallel bar setup, which will be in a few weeks.

And i will replace power cleans with rows.

Starting this tommorow.

OK so today i started the SS workout. I did workout A.

I weighted my bar and collars and they come to 7KG so ill add that into all my lifts. Is this right? Or when people use 20KG oly bars and bench 90Kg, does that mean 90KG plus the bar so 110KG all up, Or 70KG on the bar equals 90KG??????

Any way, i rigged up a way to do dips as the programme says and im going to try make a dip bar this sunday and learn the basics of power clean. Buying the book on monday, fuck it.

Only one more day of work, then a day off then repeat. Arg.

All lifts including my 7KG bar. Wont include warmups

squats: 87KG --- 3x5

Bench: 97KG --- 3x5 (couldnt get out last rep, no spotter, didnt wana get pinned, repeat weight. I think my tricepts forearms are too weak, once i get weight on my dips and heavier deadlift i think ill be OK)

Dead
    : 102KG --- 1x5 (getting harder)

Dips: BW --- 15, 11, 7 (as i dont have proper dip bar and havent done these for ages, only did body weight, will add 2.5KG every workout A from monday if i make dip bars. Seemed so much easier than they used to be, but i used to be able to only bench 65ish)

Had grilled fish and chips after work out, with milk and yogart. Will have nuts and carrot for supper with milk of course. May look at getting protein powder for breakky.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by nkelman View Post
    OK so today i started the SS workout. I did workout A.

I weighted my bar and collars and they come to 7KG so ill add that into all my lifts. Is this right? Or when people use 20KG oly bars and bench 90Kg, does that mean 90KG plus the bar so 110KG all up, Or 70KG on the bar equals 90KG??????

Any way, i rigged up a way to do dips as the programme says and im going to try make a dip bar this sunday and learn the basics of power clean. Buying the book on monday, fuck it.

Only one more day of work, then a day off then repeat. Arg.

All lifts including my 7KG bar. Wont include warmups

squats: 87KG --- 3x5

Bench: 97KG --- 3x5 (couldnt get out last rep, no spotter, didnt wana get pinned, repeat weight. I think my tricepts forearms are too weak, once i get weight on my dips and heavier deadlift i think ill be OK)

Dead
    : 102KG --- 1x5 (getting harder)

Dips: BW --- 15, 11, 7 (as i dont have proper dip bar and havent done these for ages, only did body weight, will add 2.5KG every workout A from monday if i make dip bars. Seemed so much easier than they used to be, but i used to be able to only bench 65ish)

Had grilled fish and chips after work out, with milk and yogart. Will have nuts and carrot for supper with milk of course. May look at getting protein powder for breakky.

Peace.
    Buddy, that site isn't entirely accurate. I'm glad you're getting THE BOOK soon, so you'll check it yourself. Dips are not in the program. they are an assistance exercise. The actual program is:
    A: Squat, Bench, Deadlift
    B: Squat Press, P.Clean

The weight you see in the logs, includes the weight in the bar. The olympic bar weight 20 kg or 45 lbs. And btw, your bench is impressive.

PS. I never comment on non-SS workouts, but since you have ordered the book and plan on following SS, I wanted to add my 2cents. Good luck and see you on the SS Logs!

Yeah, untill you feel that you have a purpose for adding the assistance, don't do it. I don't mean because you read somewhere that it is good for something, I mean in YOUR progress you feel that you need dips to continue on one of the main lifts. Keep it simple, get strong.

Don't do rows. Rip specifically denounces them as a completely unsuitable replacement to the powerclean. Just do the PC's, start with an empty bar to learn that it is a jumping exercise and your arms do none of the work and you catch it on your shoulders, not on your hands... you'll be fine.

Yes, the weights noted include the bar becdause most of us are using a 45lb bar and you'd be retarded not to include that kind of weight. I don't count my tiny little collars... they might weigh a pound together. fuck em.

Yeah my collars weight 1kg each that's why I included them.

I'm going to learn power cleans tomorrow.

I think ill add dips now, I read starrs article about weighted dips helping the press, and I feel the press will stall soon.

I read some wherr I can add pullups at the end of my workout, yes, no?

such bad ass/leg shaffing at work today, time for new underwear.

Felt really weak today. Always do on mondays, cant seem to sleep on sunday nights.

None the less got PR on all lifts. First time doing power cleans. felt good, sweated me ass off, is that normal with power cleans?

Squat: 89.5KG --- 3x5 - Hard, had my jake the muss face going in the last set.

Press: 59.5KG --- 3x5 - Easy, will easly put on another 2.5KG on friday. When i was doing these every workout i think i was way to tired. Last week 57KG felt hard, today 59.5KG was easy.

PC: 42Kg --- 3x5 - Easy, think i was doing them right-ish. Sweated ALOT tho.???

Pull ups --- 11, 6, 5 - I hate pull ups. Do them anyway. Put on a few kilos so happy with this.

Put on some weight. Now 95KG. I think i look skinnyer (skinier) anyway. How the fuck do u spell that word?

Had my hori as chalk styles.

Flour.

ha.

roll on wednesday.
    Last edited by nkelman; 09-20-2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: fucked up weights

starting strength coach development program
    great workout today PR's on everything:

Squats: 92Kg --- 5x5 Nearly bodyweight, will upload a vid of them soon.

Bench: 98Kg --- 5x5 Easy!

Dead: 97.5KG --- 1x5 Easy!

Dips: BW --- 15, 11, 10

Felt really good before my workout today, had two eggs and some almonds bout 50mins prior to workout, maybe that was it, will experiment.

Gone to eat my beef nacho's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12