14 June

Squat 185 3 sets of five
    Press 105 3 sets of five
    Deadlift 255 for 5 reps
    Pull ups 3, 3, and 2

Age 40
    Weight 200 lbs.
    Height 5' 10"
    Last edited by tomskarda; 06-15-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Clarity and added information

16 jun

Squat 205 for 3 sets of 5
    Overhead press 110 for 3 sets of 5
    Power clean 95 for 5 sets of 3, the last two reps were rough
    Pull ups 4, 3, 2 plus 1 partial

Going well, I probably could have done 215 or 225 in the squat but I am taking it slow to reduce the risk of reinjuring my right knee. I was pretty sore in the thights today, but when I got to the gym and started squatting everything loosened up.

18 Jun

Squat 225 for 3 sets of five, fourth and fifth rep were rough. Took about 5 breathes before last rep. Right knee creeked alot, but didnt hurt. I'll call this a win.

Press 115 for 3 sets of five. Need to warm up more. Didn't get head fully forward until last set.

Deadlift 265 for 1 set of five. Got loose in upper back on fourth rep and that hurt a little. Tightened up again for fifth rep and it felt good.
    Pullups were 5, 4, 2.

Bodyweight down to 199.6 from 200.9.

20 Jun

Squat 235 for 5, 3, 3. Ten pounds was just too much today. Went into the gym and just didn't have it. Finally sorted out foot positioning though at about 50 degrees. My duck feet win again.

Press 120 for 3 sets of 5. Still need to spend more time warming up, but was better this time.

Power clean 105 for 5 sets of 3. Went well. Had to wait about 10 minutes after pressing to get to the cleans as all of the racks/stands were full up with cross-fitters.

Pullups were 5, 3, 2. Just felt tired the whole way through this.

I had to travel today to go to my brother in laws 40 th birthday and went to a gym that wasen't equipt with bumpers or a power platform for flooring. So I boned myself during the deadlift. I was having to over control the bar on the way down to keep it from crashing on the floor when my lower back rounded, so I'll probably be feeling this for a few days.

Squat 235 for 4 reps, dropped it to 230 and did two easy sets for five. I think I might not be warming up enough as the last two sets were much easier than the first.

Press 125 for 3 sets of 5. Last rep was a real grind, so I think I will now go up 2.5 pounds per session.

Deadlift 275 for 3 reps. Like I said my lower back rounded on the third rep and this hurt quite abit even though the weight felt light. So I called it a day after 3 reps.

Pullups 5, 5 , and 3.

I think I might start doing weighted dips at the end of every workout.

Took 4 aspirin for my back when I got home, we'll see how that goes. Doing some air squats seemed to help loosen things up as well. FYI, for all the other new folks out there, get some chalk! It costs about $7 for a huge box and really saves your hands on the deadlift, Pullups and power cleans. I keep mine in a green paisley plastic zipper bag I got from my mother. Yeah, it looks gay, but no one else in the gym will walk off with it. Put it in a plastic ziplock in your gym bag or the dust will get all over everything.

Weight up to 202.
    Last edited by tomskarda; 06-22-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

starting strength coach development program
    6-23-12

Yeah, I really shanked it. My brother-in-law whipped out the accupuncture needles and went to work with some liniment as well. Re-energized his desire to learn dit da ke (hit-fall medicine).

6-24-12

Went to Chinatown and had tuina done. It does feel better, but still locks up on me. Went to the gym and worked up to 135x10. Feels better when warmed up and stretched a little. The base of the spine still feels weird so I called it there.

6-25-12

Hurt like hell in the morning. Made it in to the chiropractor and it feels 90% better now.