starting strength gym
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strenght quest to be a strong c*nt

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Nice grip thing. I want bigger forearms. That and traps. They're clearly the two most manly muscle groups, yet I have neither of them .

I went mounain climbing a few weeks ago, definitely a lot harder than when I did it as a 55kg teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbellJunkie View Post
    Nice grip thing. I want bigger forearms. That and traps. They're clearly the two most manly muscle groups, yet I have neither of them .

I went mounain climbing a few weeks ago, definitely a lot harder than when I did it as a 55kg teenager.
    Maybe you're a woman, have you checked? haha.

We want to get into base jumping in a few years, so some climbing skill might be usefull, thats the only reason I'm doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by nkelman View Post
    Maybe you're a woman, have you checked? haha.

We want to get into base jumping in a few years, so some climbing skill might be usefull, thats the only reason I'm doing it.
    The scales say 200lb+, so I guess I'm safe.

Plus you heaps stronger than me, so guess that makes me the woman.

Feet up bencho: 78.5kg --- 5, 5, 16
    Dips: BW --- 10, 10, 13

Felt good.

Going back to trade school for a week starting next week, then helping the tutor with renovations after that. Should learn heaps, he's one smart fucker. My field officer is a good man to, not ment to go back to school untill I'm clear for full time work, but he's letting me. He also gave me my pre apprenticeship course, and my full apprenticeship after that, going to buy him a bottle of jack once I'm qualified as thanks. His last names blood, so you know he could prolly squat 400kg just because his name.

Hey man, thanks heaps for stopping by my SV log and offering those words of encouragement. Your attitude and perspective is the way to go, that's for sure and I will definitely be trying to keep my head up.

Good luck with your recovery too by the way. I had been meaning to comment on your log when you first broke the news, but am always over on SV. You should consider moving your log there, I think you would suit its atmosphere.

No worries brother!

Finally thought I could do standing BB press today, their my favourite exercise so I was quite happy. Added in one set of 8 pullsups for the first time, though I started each rep with my feet taking a little weight as I can't do a full stretch.

Press: 51kg --- 5, 5, 13
    Pullups: BW --- 8

Feet up bench: 81kg --- 5, 5, 16
    Dips: BW --- 11, 11, 12

Surprised I can still do 16 reps on the last set of bench even though I have uped the weight 10kg.

I'm not surprised. Having all your recovery abilities focussed on one lift can do wonders for it.

As I said, you're becoming a bench jockey.

starting strength coach development program
    Man once five weeks hits I'm back on the squats, deads, and rows for sure.

Its getting hard to balance with my feet up on the bench, and the ROM is more cause I can't arch back. Think I'm going to have to get some cream for the scar tissue, or stretch it out slowly.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast