starting strength gym
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strenght quest to be a strong c*nt

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Last press session was hard. I only just pushed out each last rep on each set. I repeated the same weight this time and i just couldnt do it. Ive had a few days of shit eating as i wasnt living at my house, but still i thought i would have been alright. I think Im at the end of linear progression, and i need to get some chains and start upping slowly with them once i get this 67KG down. I also completly loosened my body on the 3rd rep on the last set and i think that fuckd me too.

Yeah 95 Kg is a nice weight on me, i look a lil fat, but once i get some more muscle and lose a lil fat i think ill suit the weight good.

good workout today. PR's on everything

Squat: 108KG --- 3x5
    Bench: 103KG --- 3x5
    Dead: 116KG ---1x5

Only just made 103, will repeat it next time as i wont have a spotter. Squat felt hard. I dont think im eating enough and im going to add ice cream for supper and take some milk with me to work. See how that goes.

Gotta make this 67KG press next time, thnk i will.

Running out of weights for the dead lift. Shit.

another good workout, Today i tried eating pasta and cheese before my workout and i think it works well. Felt strong and enegised. Fucked up me squat weight tho only went up 1.5KG. Oh well still something.

Squat: 109.5KG --- 3x5 -easy
    Press: 67KG --- 5, 5, 5 -30second break then i did 2 reps.
    Row: 69.5KG --- 5, 5, 7
    Chins: BW + 2.5KG --- 8, 6, 5

I made the press today, was really happy. I was thinking of doing the 5,5,max johnny pain technique on press, but i dont think i could do any more than 5 on the last set, so im going to take a 30second break then do another set to failure. Press's for me are weird, the first rep is the hardest, my bodies like "wtf are u doing to me", rep 2,3,4 body is like " ok ill do it" then on the 5th rep its like "fuck this cuz"

Rows are easy, going to do johnny pains tech untill i stall.

Chins i decide to add some weight. So i see my old backpack on the floor and decide to use this.

Huge spider in it.

Decided to use something else.

Come back into the house to see my girls rough collie puppy has chewed up two rolls of toilet paper, and my staffy just looking at me like " i didnt do it"
    Last edited by nkelman; 10-20-2010 at 04:06 AM.

Hey man, have been following your log so far. I'm from Australia too and our lifts are somewhat similar (except your bench and press are significantly bigger than mine). I'm considerably smaller, about 78kg at the moment.

Where in Australia are you? Keep lifting hard mate.

felt like shit the last few days so took a few days extra rest. Was meant to go rock climbing today, but yeah been feeling pretty weak. Still PR's on everything

Squat: 112KG/256lbs --- 3x5
    Bench: 103KG/226lbs--- 3x5
    Dead: 120kg/ 264lbs --- 3x5
    dips: BW +5KG --- 12, 8, 8

Squat was really heavy, going to repeat the weight as i was good morning a few reps so fail on that weight. Bench was easy, nailed the 103, 104kg next time. Deads felt sort of heavy, next session is going to max out the amount of weight i have. Dips with 5kg where good, built me a dip bar yesterday after work, holds up. Using these as assistant to the press, which is obvisouly stalling.

gota nail 68Kg on the press next time, thats only 1kg addition, or should i keep trying for 2.5KG increases?

Quote Originally Posted by nkelman View Post
    gota nail 68Kg on the press next time, thats only 1kg addition, or should i keep trying for 2.5KG increases?
    I would strongly suggest sticking with the 1kg increments. That's still 2.2 lbs and thus right inline with what Rippetoe recommends. The press will be the first lift to slow down, so don't be afraid to micro-load to continue making progress. I have just ordered some quarter kilo plates so i can micro-load my press half a kilo at a time.

meh session today.

Squat: 112kg ---3x5
    Press: 68Kg --- 5, 5, 4
    row: 72kg --- 5, 5, 7
    chins: BW + 5KG , 8, 6, 5

Squats were hard as today even tho i repeated the weight. Was feeling really weak and had to drag myself into the shed to workout. I think im burnt out from work. Havent had a holiday for nearly a year and working usually 6 days a week on 6-7 hours sleep a night. Im fucked. But thank fuck for melbourne cup, coz i gots 5 days off baby!!!!! Just gona sleep, eat and fuck. Press's were haaaaaaard. If i keep stalling i may deload and do 5,5, max. Rows where easy. Chins easy.

The puppy keeps trying to fuck my girl dog even tho hes only 9weeks and cant prolly get up. Today she jumped on him and started dry fucking him hahaha, i was thinking she must be thinking "whos the bitch now puppy" haha.

Squats were hard as today even tho i repeated the weight. Was feeling really weak and had to drag myself into the shed to workout. I think im burnt out from work. Havent had a holiday for nearly a year and working usually 6 days a week on 6-7 hours sleep a night. Im fucked. But thank fuck for melbourne cup, coz i gots 5 days off baby!!!!! Just gona sleep, eat and fuck. Press's were haaaaaaard. If i keep stalling i may deload and do 5,5, max. Rows where easy. Chins easy.
    Your kind of work will definitely have an impact on your squatting, especially when squatting three times a week on minimal sleep. Maybe try a light squat midweek if progress continues to slow down? Am curious to see how your press goes next time. Its always the first lift to stall so if you miss reps the next two attempts then maybe Sheaffer's program is the way to go; for your press at least.

Good workout today, was meant to do it yesterday but had some people around. Shit weather in Melbourne today, but who cares coz im on holiday baby. Still repeating squats untill i can make myself some spotting bars. Since im a Kiwi living in oz, if i get hurt then i lose my jorb, lose me jorb means i have to go back home. No way in fuck im going back home. Call me a puss, whateva.

Squat: 112KG --- 3x5
    Bench: 104.5KG --- 3x5 Yes bitch's
    Dead: 125KG --- 1x5
    Dips: BW + 7.5kg --- 12,7,6
    Pushups: 50

Squats where better today, no good mornings, i think i need me deadlift higher so i can remain tighter on me squats??

Bench was good today, i think my bench stand is to narrow (cant adjust) so my bench is slightly more tri dominant (70-80degrees forarms) so after bench i added some wide arm pushups for a bit of conditioning.

Deadlifts where still easy, but im outa plates for a few weeks untill i can afford some more. FUck. What should i do? Two sets of 5?? Any suggestions would be welcome, its only for a few weeks untill i can get more plates.

Dips felt great, my shoulders really like dips, going to have to sort out a proper way to add weight to me body thought, a bandage ant going to cut it for long

All in all a good workout, lamb chops, milk and a carrot for dinner. Yogart and almonds for supper.

starting strength coach development program
    Bench was good today, i think my bench stand is to narrow (cant adjust) so my bench is slightly more tri dominant (70-80degrees forarms) so after bench i added some wide arm pushups for a bit of conditioning.

Deadlifts where still easy, but im outa plates for a few weeks untill i can afford some more. FUck. What should i do? Two sets of 5?? Any suggestions would be welcome, its only for a few weeks untill i can get more plates.
    If your benching on what it sounds like your benching on (one of those cheap exercise benches from Rebel Sport or the like) then I would say yes you are benching with a significantly narrower grip. Which means your already impressive bench numbers would be even higher when benching on a proper bench with a slightly wider grip!

In regards to deadlifting with limited weight, I would personally just add a few extra reps rather than another set. Just try to set a rep pr instead of upping the load.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast