starting strength gym
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Starting Strenght quest to be a strong c*nt

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ello, Im a carpenter, so before I was doing lockup/fix which involves - door hanging, architrave, skirting, shelving, eves, wall straightening, cladding ect. Now with my new employer im doing framing which is basically the timber frame, flooring, trusses. Its outside, and yeah Australia is a sauna in summer.

Bench: 118.5KG --- 3x5
    Box squat: 110KG --- 3x5
    Chins: BW + 5KG --- 8, 8, 8

Havent benched for 3 weeks as I hurt my elbow at work so I reset a few KG. Fucking squatting, Im going to stick to box squats.

are box squats safe? what's the deal with spinal compression?

Alot of strong people do them with more weight than I will ever do. I only touch my bum on box, more as a gauge for depth.

Quote Originally Posted by nkelman View Post
    Alot of strong people do them with more weight than I will ever do. I only touch my bum on box, more as a gauge for depth.
    Is it okay for me to do it as a gauge for depth too? I have problem not going too deep. I either go too deep or end up not hitting parallel if i try to only hit parallel.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by squat_gnome View Post
    Is it okay for me to do it as a gauge for depth too? I have problem not going too deep. I either go too deep or end up not hitting parallel if i try to only hit parallel.
    Don't use a crutch unless you have to. A huge part of weightlifting is developing your kinesthetic sense (a sense of where and what your body is doing at any given time). You can use the box at the cost of trying to develop this sense. Your choice.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920