starting strength gym
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strenght quest to be a strong c*nt

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wouldnt my bench numbers go down because my pecs aren't used to doing most of the lifting? Or would they go up because the pecs a bigger muscle?

I know what cheap bench you mean. Its not as narrow as them, but still a bit narrow.

Ima add 1 or 2 reps per dead lift session.

Quote Originally Posted by nkelman View Post
    Wouldnt my bench numbers go down because my pecs aren't used to doing most of the lifting? Or would they go up because the pecs a bigger muscle?

I know what cheap bench you mean. Its not as narrow as them, but still a bit narrow.

Ima add 1 or 2 reps per dead lift session.
    Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but as far as I was aware, the wider the grip when benching the shorter the range of motion and thus the more weight that can be moved. Additionally and again I may be wrong here, but the triceps play a dominant role in the bench press and so if you have been benching with a narrower grip (consequently involving the triceps even more) then it would be safe to assume your triceps are your strong point. Therefore if you were to bench with a wider grip you would be able to lift even more than you currently do.

Ok i get ya mate. I really need to study up more about weightlifting instead of just lifting heavy shit and hoping for the best. Thanks for the feedback anyway, good to know at least someone gives a shit about what im doing

It was a good session today, im sick of repeating my squat workout tho, but i want to be safe, and its only another 3 more sessions till i make some squat spotters. Workout time total: 1 hour, 1min

Squat: 112KG --- 3x5
    Press: 68Kg --- 5, 5, 5!, 30sec rest then set of 2 --- PR
    Row: 74.5KG --- 6, 6, 6
    Chins: BW + 7.5KG --- 6, 5, 4
    Curls: 32KG, 10, 8

Nailed that fucking press. So Happy when i got that last rep. Onwards to 69KG next time. Honestly if i ever make it to bodyweight press, ima buy myself one of those "bad mother fucker" wallets. And i want that to be working set BW press, not some 1rm shit.

Rows i did sets of six, they slowly getting harder now.

Chins where hard, i might be going about them the wrong way adding weights, but ima see how it pans out. Added two sets to fatigue curls, i duno if this is stupid as well, sorry im fucking with the programme.

Damn this holiday shit is nice! I have mon, tues, wed off work, but still getting paid. Gotta love RDO's

Music that got me the PR Press

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_dCzN9AYc

You cant take out a revolution, You cant kill an idea!

good workout today, im completely fucked now, and i still gota take the dog for a walk and fuck the girlfriend when she get home, shit.

Squat: 113KG --- 3x5 -PR
    Bench: 104.5Kg--- 3x5
    Deadlift: 125KG --- 1x6
    Dips: BW + 10KG --- 12, 7, 5

Felt good today so added 1kG to the squat even tho i still havent got any money to make squat spotters, looks like it will be another week without them as well. Thinking of doing a light squat session next time to give my legs a rest.

Bench: Easy, i repeated the weight from last time, and it when up quiet well.

Deadlift: Same weight as last time since i ran outa plates, did one extra rep.

Dips: +10KG and still matched my reps in my first two sets from last time. Happy, Tricepts are buldging.

Chilli cheese fries for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by nkelman View Post
    Music that got me the PR Press

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_dCzN9AYc

You cant take out a revolution, You cant kill an idea!
    That shits awesome man. I had never heard of him, but love Green Lantern's work with Dead Prez. Not sure how that kind of socially conscious radical hip hop would go down with others on here though...lol.

Congrats on nailing the press, making some real progress. Wait until you can squat heavier without risk of injury, I bet your other lifts will go up as well.

Keep lifting hard mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Jords View Post
    Yeah mate immortal technique is the man, his three albums are all sick.

your making good progress to mate, I hope to have my dead lift numbers up to yours once I get my new plates. You workout at home or gym?

Thanks for reading me log, gets me motivated knowing some one does.
    No worries man, thanks for reading mine as well. Its good to know theres others in this country training the right way.

I train at home down in my garage. I've got a pretty sweet set up with a power rack, bar, bench, dip and pull up handles, kettlebells, a Prowler etc etc. I bet your excited about getting more weight and making some squat stands hey? Your lifts will really skyrocket when you do.

good workout today, did light squats as i was walking up stairs all day with my tool belt on and carrying shit.

Squat (light): 87KG --- 3x5
    Press: 69KG --- 5, 5, 4, 1
    Row: 77Kg --- 5, 5, 7
    Chins: BW +10KG --- 6, 5, 5
    Curls: 34KG --- 8,8

I was sooooooooo close to making the press PR. What fucked me was a form problem on the second rep of my third set, i went loose and it turned to shit from there. I was bout 3/4 of the way up on the 5th rep tho. Had a 30second break and did one more rep. Will repeat weight next time.

Rows getting harder.

Chins: grip fail from all the weight hanging (pussy huh). I blame it on my "L" shaped bar. OK it not a bar, its the metal truss frame of my sheds ceiling, kills me hands, need to duct tape that ish up. Grimy stimey.

Curls, easy. Ima add 1KG or so each workout and do two sets of 8 reps straight after my chins.

I think i will add a light day every week and alternate it between bench and press days each two weeks. I know its NDTP, but my job is mad physical, im on my feet 9hours a day, with a heavy tool belt, pussy maybe. Back to working 6 days a week untill crimbo. fuckshit

Good workout.

Squat: 113kg --- 3x5
    Bench: 105.5kg --- 3x5 PR
    Dead: 125kg --- 1x7 PR
    Dips: BW + 12.5kg --- 12, 8, 5 PR

Happy with the bench PR, 107 on saturday hopefully!

Can't wait till I can get some more plates for dead lift.

Some company was giving away iced coffee milk at the train station. That's 16.8grams of free protein bitchs!

starting strength coach development program
    Skinny people crack me up. At trade school today i must be the only person above 75KG BW and get called fat and bulky. I weigh 93ishKG. They then proceed to tell me its not sexy and have no definition? HA, i get my girl wet as, so cant be that bad

How do u tell a room full of skinny people that youve spent the last 3 days reading articles about press programming and spend time daydreaming about a body weight press? Or tell them that in your spare time u like to lift heavy shit untill u hear the blood in your ears?

I just told them that they have woman arms, and thats not muscle definition when u have no muscle. Thats just skin clinging to bones.

All in all their great blokes, just ignorant to my goals and once they knew the deal where cool.

Squat: 113KG --- 3x5
    Press: 69KG --- 3x5 !!!!!! PR baby
    Press starts: 76.5KG --- 3, 3
    Light press:57KG --- 10, 7
    Rows: 79.5KG --- 5,5,6
    Chins: BW +12.5KG --- 5,5,4
    Curls: 35.5KG --- 8,8

55mins workout time.

So ive been reading the Improve you press article by starr, and power and bulk article thats just been posted and they all seem to say press more to get bigger press. Starr recommends weighted dips which im doing, but says they dont help untill u get to 100lbs, and im farrrr from that. If it becomes too much then ill stop, but since on my press day im only doing rows and chins after it, it doesnt seem like it will.

So i did this on press today.

1. 79KG walk out, hold, walk back in
    2. 69KG press 3x5
    3. 76.5KG press starts, 2x3
    4. 57KG press to failure ,2 sets

I saw some ones post that says that they put on extra weight to their squat, walk out with it, walk back in , drops to worksets, and the weight feels light. It fucking worked, placebo or whatever, it felt nice.

Really liked the press starts and press to failure. When i was doing my shitty bro routine, i would press to failure for 5 sets across, and when i started linear progression, i rode it up too 69kg within a few weeks, so i think more volume works for me. We will see.

Rows easy.

Chins good, curls easy.

Cant wait to bench on saturday, 107KG hopefully. Im getting addicted to this shit. I dont know who made up linear progression, but its like crack. Might splash for some new plates for deadlift,

"Pessimism is an emotion, not a philosophy" - Immortal Technique.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast