Thread: Starting Strenght quest to be a strong c*nt

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Good workout. Getting annoyed that I don't have plates our squat spotters,

Squat light: 87kg --- 3x5
    Bench: 107 kg --- 3x5 PR
    Dead: 125kg --- 1x7 PR
    Dips: BW + 15kg --- 11, 8, 4

Bench felt easy as I had my girl help with lift off. Looking good for 110kg by the end of the year.

Deads where easy.

Dips feeling good, think I was leaning a bit to forward as I felt a bit of fatigue in my pecs.

Can't wait for press session on monday, going to smash 70kg.

Alright lifting today, good day at work too, learnt how to do locks, drop sills and door slower/closers.

Squat: 113KG --- 3x5
    Press: 70.5KG --- 5, 5, 4, 1 -arg!
    Row: 82KG --- 3x5
    chins: BW + 15KG -- 5, 5, 4
    Curls: 37KG --- 8, 8

Soo close again to the Press PR. Did the heavy walkout, press, press starts, and light press. Going to keep doing this for 3 more workouts then evaluate how usefull it is at this moment in time.

Getting some more plates this weekend for deadlift, fuck ittt.

"An enemy of my enemy, thats a friend to me" - evidence, dilated peoples

Quote Originally Posted by nkelman View Post
    Just going to go ahead and buy some more plates this weekend, i think my deadlift weight holding me down. your deadlift is 20something KG heavier than mines, do you think that helps you with stability?
    Yeah if you can afford to you really have to get some more plates, you wont regret it, that's for sure.

In regards to the deadlift, I think a stronger deadlift definitely translates to just about a stronger everything, especially when squatting and even when pressing too.

meh session today. Even though im eating as much as i used too, im losing weight (fat) and my abbzzz are showing a lil. Girl likes it, i do not. I think my weakness is breakfast, i honestly find it hard to eat so early in the morning. I get up at 4.55am. So, im going to get a flask to take milk with me to work, and im going to try make up some omlet mix the night before so i can fry it quickly in the morning, also get some protien powder. My body is still getting thicker, and bigger, just want to make sure im getting enought to recover. Im on my feet 8 hours a day working so im sure that burns too much calories.

Squat light: 87KG --- 3x5
    Bench: 108KG --- 5, 5, 4, -fuck. First stall.
    Deadlift: 125KG --- 8
    Dips: BW + 17.5KG --- 7, 6, 6

First bench stall, i believe it was because my girl (spotter) had to go to work and my rests where only 2mins max, while i usually take 5mins.

Deads where easy, and as im getting another 40kg on plates on sunday, the next deadlift session will be 130KG!!!!!

It was a hard choice between using my money for squat spotters or new plates, but i chose the plates, im happy with squats at the moment, i want a bigger deadlift.

Dips felt hard, maybe it was the heavy bench press?

250grams of beef patties, 4 pieces of bread, cheese, 1 lamb chop, carrot and milk for dinner. Take dogs for walk

" I see greatness in the person in the mirror very clearly" - Brother Ali

meh. Done fucking with the programme, press shit didnt help, wayyy to much. Good news i got another 40kg worth of plates. So deadlift can continue LP!

I dropped squats to 87, read the squat chapter again and fixed up a few things, will re-start LP from here and hope by the time i get up to 114KG again i have a power rack.

Squat: 87KG
    Press: 70.5KG - 5, 4, 4 - meh
    Row: 84.5KG - 3x5 PR
    Chins: 15, 9, 7 - BW

Squats felt amazing, fixing up my technique really made these enjoyable.

Press i felt so weak, i got pretty pissy last night, so maybe it was the hangover? One more chance before a reset.

Row was easy as.

Chins, going to do another cycle of adding 2.5KG untill i can get a harness to hold the weight, or get some heavy duty rope.

Gota smash 108KG bench next time, and ill be deadlifting 130KG!!! I have enought weight now to get dead up too 160KG, so hope all is smooth up too then.

great session!

Squat: 89.5KG --- 3x5
    Bench: 108KG --- 3x5 PR!
    Deadlift: 129.5KG --- 1x5 PR!
    Dips: BW + 20KG --- 10, 7, 7

smashed the bench and deadlift!

Squats felt amazing, i think i def fixed my form.

2 more KG untill i have hit my years goal on bench.

i love dips,

"Hit your goal, start another one, ill" - Evidence

had a cold, felt like shit, still worked out.

Squat: 92KG --- 3x5
    Press: 70.5KG --- 5, 5, 4 and 2 push press's in same set
    Row: 87KG --- 3x5 PR

Soooo close on press, i reckon i would have had it if i wasnt sick. Going to give it one last try, then drop down to 65KG and do 5/5/5+ if i fail.

good session

Squat: 94kg --- 3x5
    Bench: 108KG --- 5, 5, 6
    Deadlift: 134KG --- 1x5 PR
    Dips: BW + 22.5KG --- 8, 6, 5,

Didnt have a spotter for bench so didnt up weight. Deadlifts felt good, grip strenght is good, wont fuck out for a while i hope, rounded my back a lil on the 120KG warmup, shit.

cant wait till dips start helping my press, only another 22KG ish to go.

Workout for tuesday.

Squat: 96kg ---3x5
    Press: 70.5kg ---5, 5, 4 reset
    Row: 89.5kg -- 3x5

Can't wait to dead lift tommorow. Deload on press to 65kg, going to do 5/5/5max,

starting strength coach development program
    great workout. Had the day off work because it was the victorian construction workers picnic day, so met a mate and his wife at the picnic and had lunch

Squat: 97KG --- 3x5
    Bench: 109KG --- 3x5 PR
    Deadlift: 139KG --- 1x5 PR
    Dips: BW + 25KG --- 5, 5, 6

Squat form felt solid, cant wait to get a rack to really smash LP on these.

Bench was hella heavy, 110KG next time though. Since my bench is a bit narrow, i set it up a different way after my worksets and did 97KG 1x8, was easy since the pecs had a lil more involvement and ROM was lessened.

Deadlift was easy, i filmed it, and form looked good, just need a lil bit more flex in the back i reckon. I think im going to get up to my max plates pretty easy, (160kg) and have to buy some more next year (again!)

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast