starting strength gym
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey to Olympus

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Definitely noted. I did not buy it yet as I need to also purchase a 2x4 to cut down to place under my snake rack before my two new ball pythons arrive tomorrow so
    I was heading to Lowes after work today... I digress.

Thanks for the link though. I was wondering where to locate these rollers people were talking about. Now I can order one!

Workout #8 - Friday October 08, 2010

Squat - 190lbs 3x5
    Press - 90lbs 3x5
    Power Cleans - 65lbs 5x3

Tonight was a good night for me. Not so much on the lifts themselves, but moreso in the fact that I perservered over my fatigue. I ended up taking an unplanned nap when I got home and woke up at 8pm. I almost didn't lift but figured I'm in it to improve and being a lazy ass isn't going to do it. Lifting was tough in the first 3 warmup sets of Squats, but after that I was more awake and my soreness had subsided.

Squats went well, I went up slow on the last set, but that was moreso just fatigue, but I banged it out anyways. Press went well as usual. Power Cleans went pretty well also. I noted some lower back fatigue when I was done, but unlike my other workout nights, the fatigue was not spurred from my Squatting.

Looking forward to two days of rest, relaxation, and lots of milk.

Workout #9 - Monday October 11, 2010

Squat - 195lbs 3x5
    Bench - 115lbs 3x5
    Deadlift - 215lbs 1x5

Nothing really to report here for this workout except that I trimmed my bushes on Sunday and got a sore back which was a bitch to contend with on Monday. It's funny that we are working to get stronger yet remedial tasks like mowing the lawn, trimming bushes, or walking to my stand in the woods results in soreness. I suppose this means I am pushing the bounds of my physical strength and going beyond causes the exhaustion, but at what point do we reach strength capable of not being exhausted by performing additional/every day tasks?

Deadlifts will only be incrementing by 10lbs each workout at this point. As I am only 10lbs off of my previous max (ie the heaviest weight I did in the past, not necessarily 1RM) I am more comfortable to slowly progress.

Workout #10 - Wednesday October 13, 2010

Squat - 200lbs 3x5
    Press - 95lbs 3x5
    Power Cleans - 75lbs 5x3

Possibly a bit late, but don't fear the PVC pipe roller. The first few times you use it you're going to make a sound like a dying giraffe, but after that it's gravy.

Workout #11 - Friday October 15, 2010

Squat - 205lbs 3x5
    Bench - 115lbs 3x5
    Deadlift - 225lbs 1x5

Forgot the amount of weight I had pressed during the prior workout, so did 115lbs again. Oh well, 120 on this coming Wednesday. I'm happy to still be progressing on my Squat.

Good workout with the 205! Keep on climbing buddy and you'll be eating CrossFitters for post-workout meals before you know it!

Workout #12 - Monday October 18, 2010

Squat - 210lbs 3x5
    Press - 95lbs 2x5, 100lbs 2x5
    Power Cleans - 85lbs 5x3

A note on the Press. Once again I managed to be distracted mentally during squats to the point I forgot my weight, thought it was 95lbs and upon checking saw I was to be at 100lbs. So, to compensate I did 2 sets at 100lbs. My shoulders were too tired to push a third set after doing 2 already and I do not want to burn myself out at the beginning of the week.

I'm incredibly happy Squat continues to go up, God willing it will not cease for some time. Power cleans went well also. I skinned both shins where I had last week and the top of my right knee on the lower and managed to cause some decent bleeding. So I officially christened my bar with my blood tonight.

Funny story.. my girlfriend bought me new underwear as I only had a few that still fit and upon trying on one of the two new sets I found myself trying to put on what felt like (I would imagine anyways) a 1-ply suit. It was quite the struggle and after finally getting it up to my waste found I had some decent room there (not a lot but that was clearly not the tight spot) and meanwhile was pulling the base of the legs at the seams. I had a good laugh and the only sad part is that we just wasted money (albeit a small amount) on brand new clothes that won't be getting put to use. I know my legs are definitely growing, I am looking forward to when my waistline starts shrinking.

I should note that at the start of SS I was 225-228lbs depending on the day. At this point I weigh in at 238. Whether it has been mostly muscle I am gaining, mostly fat, or a balance of each, I won't know for some time. Having a good and maintained pump is one thing, seeing it last is another.

I would also like to note and perhaps should put this in my very first post, that I am 6'2"-6'3" depending on whom you ask and at my height I imagine that I will probably top out about 270-280lbs before I begin cutting back on calories, maintaining my muscle mass, and burning the fat. I would then suspect I would finish out at maybe 225-230. We'll see where it goes as that point is some time away.

Workout #13 - Wednesday October 20, 2010

Squat - 215lbs 3x5
    Bench - 120lbs 3x5
    Deadlift - 235lbs 1x5 (BW)

starting strength coach development program
    Workout #14 - Friday October 22, 2010

Squat - 220lbs 3x5
    Press - 105lbs 3x5
    Power Cleans - 85lbs 5x3

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast