starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 220 or Bust

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Fine... will post video of me wtfpwning the empty bar in rips board for critiquing in the next couple days.

He'll tell you to fuck off and put some weight on the bar haha...

I'm not going to judge you if you don't, but do you have the book?

Yep, I am reading it for the second time now and I have read PP as well. My form seems to be as described in the book (the shins vertical was an exaggeration to denote the fact that my knees are not too far forward.)

Any reason why you aren't following the "first workout" protocol?

Oh god, what is this you speak of? I do have a "reading disorder" and it is hard for me to pick up all the info in a book or remember what I do pick up.

He's referring to the description of how to do your first workout in SS:BBT. Aka starting with the bar and continually adding weight until form starts to break down, then start your work weights there. If that made sense

Oh yes, now I recall reading about that. I am just going to progress with the bar to try and help my knees, it's only gonna slow me down about a month anyway.

I originally started with the bar and progressed, too because I wasn't doing SS, I was following Stronglifts 5x5. If you think you've got the form figured out and you want to progress from the bar, at least add 20lbs per workout for a while (maybe 10 on the presses, certainly no less than 20 on the deads). You'll be fine, I promise :-)

FRIDAY 10/8/10
    65x3x5 Squat
    60x3x5 Bench Press
    65x1x5 Deadlift
    5x2x8 Dips (rings)
    1.5x3x5 CoC

Already got it mapped out Matt, gonna stick with the game plan since my knees are actually pain free atm. Will only make me a few weeks slower at getting to heavy weights and I have all the time in the world.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by 220orBust View Post
    I have all the time in the world.
    This is not necessarily a bad outlook on training. Keep at it and I'll check in in 2 months when shit gets real :-)

edit: however, deadlifting 65lbs may be like masterbating with 2 fingers. You're going through the motions but there just isn't enough stimulous to produce results.

edit edit: presuming male... 2 fingers wouldn't be a good analogy otherwise.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast