starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My Starting Strength log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    WTF?! Why even go to the gym if you haven't eaten for 24 hours? Go to the grocery store!
    Just the way it works out sometimes with my rotating work and sleep schedule. I woke up at 4PM Friday, ran errands, family issues, etc. Ate at 7. More stuff. Didn't get home until late. Bed at 4AM or so, woke up at Noon or so on Saturday, more stuff to do. Got home and then worked out at 7PM while my wife was cooking. Ate at 9PM.

I own plenty of groceries, it's a matter of time enough to cook and eat it. I wish lifting was the #1 priority I have. If I had my way I'd schedule everything around my lifting and meal times. Unfortunately I have to squeeze lifting around a lot of other things. Including slimming down now because I've outgrown my work uniforms. Which is probably why my progress has crawled to a halt.

I am really feeling yesterdays workout. And I'm not sure if I've got enough time to recover by tomorrow. I should wake up around 1PM and lift by 1:30. I'm not sure I can.

I realized last night that I should have started using 5lbs increments on my deadlift a couple of weeks ago. I think I'll reset and work my way back up.

Damn it, went to sleep feeling fine, woke up feeling like hell. Sore throat, congested, and body ache. I considered lifting for a few minutes, but then I'd just have a terrible workout and feel worse.

One of the BEST squatting days I've had in a while.

I did yesterdays workout this morning when I got home and it went great. I thought about it all night and even though I didn't start feeling better until around midnight, I wished all night that I had lifted. I needed the rest yesterday but by the time I got off work I was fired up.

Squats: 7 minute rest
    45 -5x2
    135 x3
    185 x2
    225 x1

255 -5x3

Bench: 7 minute rest
    45 -10 x2
    135 x4
    185 x1

205 -5x3

Close grip bench:
    5 minute rest

170 -5x3

Will update more later. Now to try to sleep...........
    Last edited by KAG; 02-06-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Congrats on the good session. Was eating the key to your success compared to last workout?

No workout today. I had a physical assessment test that I did and that's all I'm doing today. It wasn't overly difficult during it but right after I was sore in muscles that aren't normally sore. My lifting really helped with the strength part but I need to get back to some sort of conditioning because running in the cold nearly killed my lungs. I was sucking wind way too much afterward.

Hopefully I'll be back to the usual on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    Congrats on the good session. Was eating the key to your success compared to last workout?
    Partly. But it's a lot of things. Even though I had a long night at work, I was at least awake and mobile before I lifted. Usually I roll out of bed and lift while I'm tired, stiff, and just want to go back to sleep. But I thought about it all night, was warm going in, warm-up lifts were easy, and I just coasted.

Press and Deadlift reset day.

Squats:
    45 -5x2
    135 x3
    185 x2
    230 x2

260 -5x3

Press:
    45 -5x2
    95 x3
    115 x2

130 -5x3

Deadlift:
    135 x4
    225 x3

305 x5

More detail later, time to get ready for work........
    Last edited by KAG; 02-06-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Some numbers were wrong.

I got injured at work last night. Possible rotator cuff damage. Won't know the extent until I get an MRI. Regardless, I'm completely out of commission until further.....

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by KAG View Post
    I got injured at work last night. Possible rotator cuff damage. Won't know the extent until I get an MRI. Regardless, I'm completely out of commission until further.....
    Yikes. Sorry to read the news. Good luck with a quick rehab.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345