Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teresa's Trek

Default Teresa's Trek

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 150lbs

I have been struggling for awhile with my own training because I just dabble in a little of everything. I felt I wasn't doing much for myself anymore and I needed to work towards something.

As of a week ago, I decided to set the goal of competing in a figure show in June of 2013. I want to become as strong as I can in these next months prepping for the show, and I know that how I will look will be a by product.

I have started (as of YESTERDAY!) my Starting Strength program, thanks to the help and guidance of my great friend and co-worker Gillian Mounsey.

Here was my day 1 workout:

Squat:
    100 5x3
    100 1x5 skill
    I was wanting to stand too wide and my knees wanted to cave, once I narrowed my stance a bit and sent my knees out I felt 100X better and I instantly felt like I could have taken on more weight.

Deadlift:
    135 5x3
    Tried my DL with a belt for the first time ever and that was like a breath of fresh air, ok more like I could breath in Gillian's TINY pink belt, but needless to say; I felt a huge difference in my lift. I made the purchase for my very own last night.

Bench:
    80 5x3
    It was a good start weight but I think I will be ready to quickly move up on that.

TODAY:

Pull-ups
    3x6 assisted

Default Teresa's Trek

Welcome Teresa. I'm very glad that you started a log here. I'm looking forward to days spent in the gym together and to watching you make progress. Not only do you have great potential as a lifter, you have an excellent eye for movement and great coaching skills.

Thank you Gillian. It is refreshing to feel like I am reaching for a goal now, without that training just isn't the same. I am looking forward to our gym time as well! And I really appreciate that.

Welcome! I'm always happy to see more women posting logs on here.

Thank you! I am glad to get started!

Default Teresa's Trek

Hi Teresa! I'll be following along. It's funny, I followed the opposite path here :-)
    Last edited by jenica; 11-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Default Teresa's Trek

Hi there! I'm glad to have you follow along. Keeps me a bit more motivated thinking I have people wanting to see me succeed! And I'd love to hear, how did you go the opposite?

Default Teresa's Trek

Nice job on your power cleans today. Somebody needs to update her log

I am doing it right now Gillian!! Thank you!

starting strength coach development program
    Friday 11/2/12

Squat
    105 3x5
    My legs are feeling that I am doing something new to them. I am not sore, but I could feel by my last set they were a bit exhausted. I am glad its the weekend, time to recover.

Press
    60 3x5
    horrible attempt at my last rep, so I went one extra to complete my set.

Power Clean
    75 3x5
    Hadn't cleaned for a awhile and my senses are a bit off from where they used to be. I found my correct clean form again and once I was in, it I felt good.

Hopefully soon I can start getting some video up. All in good time.
    Happy Lifting Everyone!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast