starting strength gym
Page 172 of 321 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3206

Thread: Attempting to start strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    my goodness, great work and effort on your part but a pretty pathetic one on the part of the "organizers"

That sucks man but well done on knocking out the record. Is there not a national fed that puts on better meets?

At least you broke the 610 barrier without issue. Being a competitive lifter in DK means lifting at a competitive PL club. You know this. So in a way, you haven't really been to a meet yet, just - as you call it - amateur night.

I remember when I was thinking of organizing a mock meet at Gotha. Limiejosh then posted this in my log:

I arranged something similar between me and a group of 5or 6 guys who were only very loosely related to each other. By the time the specified day came around there was just me and one guy in an arm cast who only came to watch.
    So either you join a PL gym and invest the time to go at least once per week in order to keep the license, or you forget about it. If you could get LIVK to (re?)gain their PL license you could go to the sanctioned meets, which are very well run, from what I hear.

That said, despite people on here claiming that meets are almost a must in order to keep progress going, I think it can be done without. Your training history in itself is a good example of that.
    Last edited by DV; 06-14-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Well done on getting the record at least Derf. Plenty more in the tank too.

What a joke of a "meet" !!

Not that I've ever been at one but that is shocking.
    You strike me as someone who would strive in a proper organised competitive environment. Would be great to see how you would go in that circumstance.

Best of luck with the work move.

Ps: maybe the others were afraid they couldn't compete with you and got caught up in that rather than competing and doing the best they could do for themselves?

I'd like to think so : )

Re a more serious venture into powerlifting. I promised myself, I wouldn't do it while I have small kids. My personality is to be completely consumed by projects I do. It wouldn't be fair to the family.

Sorry man - you did what you could. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been - but you got it done anyway. Good thing we are lifting for ourselves, not others!

And congrats on the new record! Even if you could have easily done even more ...

Maybe we could have our own little online meet?

Just set a date that anyone can work towards and we all record our attempts and post them up on said day etc

You know we would show up Derf!

Yeah! You're buds! : )

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexmick View Post
    Maybe we could have our own little online meet?

Just set a date that anyone can work towards and we all record our attempts and post them up on said day etc

You know we would show up Derf!
    This. Let's do this.