Thread: ss log to 270 bench

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    28/1/13

Squat 181.5 x 5/5/5
    Press 132 x 5/5/5
    Deadlift 231 x 5

A good session and im getting back to full health. My squat form is suffering from hip pain. The depth is ok but Im getting very lobsided.
    Press was good. Felt heavy but got all the reps done.
    Deadlift was good and was tough. I did one rep of 264 to end the session too!

Looking forward to my two days off and a big day for the bench on Thursday.

31/1/13

Squat 187 x 5/5/5
    Bench 203.5 x 5/5/4
    Deadlift 242 x 5

Spent alot of time on my squat form and cant stop it being lobsidded. Ill post a video soon. Im sure its as simple as all my injurys on my left side. Im happy with the depth and knees out.
    Bench was very tough and had my first missed rep.
    Deadlift very heavy for me! All complete though and im very happy with that.

Next week i have a preplanned deload. I know its not exactly doing the program and sorry for that. I dont get enough sleep and i wont in the future either, as much as i would like to. Sometimes you have to work with what youve got!
    Also next week ill be introducing powercleans and chins/pull ups.
    Ive never done powercleans so that should be fun!
    Im fairly crap at chins/pull ups but look forward to getting better at them.

2/2/13

Squat 192.5 x 5/5/5
    Press 137.5 x 5/5/5
    Deadlift 253 x 5

Squats still lobsided nd having hip pain more often. A welcome deload coming.
    Press was good and was hard.
    Deadlift very hard and the bar was slow going up. All done and deadlifts to change to every 2nd session from next week.

4/2/13

Squat 176 x 5/5/5
    Bench 198 x 5/5/5
    Hang Clean 44 and 88 for sets of 3 to try get it

Pull ups 2/1/1

Squats were still off but my training partner says there improving. Depth good.
    I was very stiff today. Whole session was a battle.
    Bench was good. 1st set was horrible. 2nd and 3rd set i got tight nd had good sets.
    The hangcleans were a bit of fun. I found it easier when i had weight on the bar.
    Il do the same next session then pull from the ground the following pc day.
    Pull ups are horrible!! Told ye i was crap at them! Happy to be doing them and il improve in time.
    Getting to 3 sets of 5 is aim 1 for these.

7/2/13

Press 132 x 5/5/5
    Deadlift 231 x 5

Chin ups 3/3/3

Quick session. I didnt have my oly shoes and time was limited so no squats.
    Press felt good. Deadlift wasnt easy but ok. Chin ups were fun! 1st set i was an inch from getting the 4th rep and the 3rd set i couldnt get any of a 4th rep. Looking forward to how these and pull ups progress.

9/2/13

Squat 187 x 5/5/5
    Bench 203.5 x 5/5/5
    Hang clean 44 x 3/3
    88 x 3/3/3

Pull ups x 3/2/2

Squats felt good. I thiink i was taking a bit of weight in hy hands and i must keep an eye on this.
    Still a bit lobsided too.
    Bench was good. Im happy to be back to pre shoulder injury weight. Ties my previous 5rm. Big day next Thursday bench session.
    Had fun with the hang cleans. Racking is hard to get. Ill do the same weight and reps for another session before i start to lift from the ground.
    Very happy with the pull ups. Good progress from last session.

*double post accident*
    Last edited by Mexmick; 02-09-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: double post

Those BP numbers are coming along nicely Mexmick, your chins / pulls aren't that bad either, better than mine anyways

Good work mate.

Goodluck figuring out the PC, hopefully you will get it quicker than I am. I got help with mine the other day & there was a few things wrong with it, it made a massive difference having someone who knew what they were doing help me out a bit.

Thanks rufus. My hang cleans are realy taxing on the body. Next day after the 1st session my hamstrings and ass were so tight. After the 2nd session my left achilles was in bits! So so tender and i had to take inflamotrys nd lots of icing. Settled in time for todays session thankfully.
    How do you find recovery from your powercleans?

11/2/13

Squat 192.5 x 5/5/5
    Press 137.5 x 5/5/5
    Deadlift 242 x 5

Chins 5/3/2

Squats felt good. Hard enough and im moving slower now.
    Press was good. 1 or 2 reps were slow movers. The shoulder is doing well.
    Deadlift was tough. I must say im not hopefull of hitting big deadlift numbers.
    I suppose its all relevant. Be patient and see how far i can go.
    Chins were ok, an improvement. I just barely got the 5 on the 1st set and i was wrecked for the next sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexmick View Post
    How do you find recovery from your powercleans?
    I've never really found them too hard recovery wise so far, mind you, that's probably because I've not been doing them properly. I've had my first post instruction full power clean session today, tomorrow I might be feeling it as I was pretty tired after my session…

starting strength coach development program
    16/2/13

Squat 198 x 5/5/5
    Bench 209 x 5/4/3

Pull ups x 3/2/1

Missed session 14/2 due to illness 12th and 11th and it was valentines too!
    I had a stomach bug, maybe bit of food poisoning? Well i wasnt expecting anyting special from todays session , its been a long week with too much time on the bowel!!
    Squats were good. Very heavy and i had my 1st rep were i doubted i woul ever get the bar up but i did after a few seconds and i was happy overall how the squats went. I still need to keep a check that im not taking weight in my hands.
    Bench was very tough and im not too pissed off with missed reps with the illness during the week.
    Bench pr next session, come on!
    1st set was very hard. 2nd set, the 1st 3 reps felt very strong even though very heavy. 4th rep wasnt as good and then i didnt get set for the 5th and failed it. 3rd set was just a battle.
    Didnt have time to practice hangcleans today.
    Pull ups i was happy enough with after the fails at bench.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast