Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ss log to 270 bench

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    23/2/13

Squat 198 x 5/5/5
    Press 143 x 5/5/5

Just a quick session. Schedule isnt appropiate at this time. Happy to get something done.
    Spuats were good. Felt heavy but all done and ive improved the lobsidedness, more to improve though.
    Press was hard but i got them done.
    No time for deadlift or chins.

28/2/13

Squat 203.5 x 5/5/5
    Bench 209 x 5/5/5

Bit of a rushed session. Happy to getting back on track. Schedule should be back to normal from Saturday.
    Squat very tough. Last few reps are far from perfect. Im sticking halfway up from the hole and then three quarters of the way up i think my upper back arches to keep the ascent going? Il have to record a set soon.
    Bench complete! I was very surprised. I have been eating like a horse and im rested from lifting since my schedule is a bit messy for the last couple of weeks.
    1st set was very tough. The last rep was such a grinder. I was thinking no chance for next sets.
    Picked up my repping pace and went for it for the 2nd set nd bam, all 5 and felt good. Still hard of course but nothing like that 1st set. 3rd was similar. Kept a good powerfull pace and all 5 went up.
    Thats a 5rm PR!!

No time for anything else. Should be back to full sessions from Saturday.

Im 5rm pr for squat too, just noticed!
    Last edited by Mexmick; 02-28-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: sqat pr!

2/3/13

Squat 209 x 5/5/5
    Press 148.5 x 5/5/5
    Deadlift 242 x 5

Chins x 5/4/3

A very tough session. Squats are still going up but they are tough!
    My form is ok. Things to work on. 1st set i took some weight in my hands. 2nd set was good, last 2 reps sticky and tough.
    3rd set i think rep 2 or 3 i came forward and pushed from too close to my toes, heels rose for a moment..

Press was tough but rewarding. The very last rep was so slow from just past my forehead to lockout. It went though.
    Maybe a small tweak down my back, right side.

Deadlift was heavy. Its been awhile since ive done them.
    All complete still.

1st set of chins felt good. 2nd nd 3rd were ok. Hopefully getting close to min 5 rep sets.

4/3/13

Squat 214.5 x 5/5/5
    Bench 214.5 x 4/5/3

Pull ups x 3/3/3

God that was tough!
    Squats were so hard. The 5th rep on 2nd set wasnt 100% complete. I was falling forward as i got it up to lock out.
    Was horrible. A big uh oh moment.

Bench was super tough too. No hope for 5th rep on 1st set. I was struggling and didnt get set for it.
    2nd set was good and on my limit for sure. Hitting the 5 gassed me and i couldnt take enough rest so no surprise with the 3 reps for the last set.

Pull ups were good. Happy with the progress.

No time for cleans again. Training partner hates them too!
    100kg squat thursday, come on!!

7/3/13

Squat 176 x 3/3
    Press 154 x 5/4/4

Chins x 5/4/3

Hurt my knee in work 6/3. Nothing specific, very shar pain inside the joint and stopped my walk for a few moments.
    It freed up ok but its still a bit sore. I know better not to push it after these things happen.
    Press was very tough. Nailing that 70kg will be a pr so hopefully get it the next time.
    Chins were ok.

9/3/13

Bench 242 x 1 PR!

Knee wasnt right and i was shattered before the session. Warming up for the squats i was useless so we said we would do a max bench to get interest. I was delighted to get the 110kg! 112.5 was afail.
    The goal weight is in sight! Recovery isnt going so well and im moving to lifting twice a week from next week. A bit earlier than i would have liked but its the sensible thing to do.

11/3/13

Squat 198 x 5/5/5
    Bench 214.5 x 4/3

Pull ups x 3/3/3

Rushed session again.
    Squats felt good. Happy with the deload and im happy with the knee. Got a nice drive from the hole today.
    I had my feet less open than before. They were getting past 45 degrees before i would say. Got them back closer to the 30 today.

Bench was rushed and very tough. Im reasonably happy though. Its been a week since the last set session and i only maxed out last sat. Interesting how it will go next session.

Pull ups were good. Just cant get that dam 4th rep!
    3rd rep on set 2 and 3 are grinders.

14/3/13

Squat 203.5 x 5/5/5
    Press 154 x 4/3/3
    Deadlift 242 x 5

Chins x 6/5/4

Squats were good. A few reps were very tough but a few reps i nailed.
    Keep improving form.
    Press was very hard. I was happy enough with my reps. Rest was short. Will i get the 70kg next session??

Deadlift was good. Been awhile since i got to do this. Form improving nicely i feel.

Happy with chins. Nice progress.

19/3/13

Squats 209 x 5/5

All i had time for today.
    Frustrating to not have the time but im doing what i can and im reasonably happy with that.

20/4/13

Been too long. Less is more, lets get back to it!

Squat 176 x 5/5/5
    Bench 198 x 5/5/5

Pull ups x 4/3/3

Squats were good. I feel ive improved my hip drive a bit. Suppose il only know as the weight goes up.
    I want a 3 plate squat!
    Bench was ok. Tough enough. Maybe i should have deloaded more.
    Bench test date with a few friends on 8/6. Im thinking 253.
    Pull ups were good. Very happy with getting 4 reps.

Again no time for powercleans. My training partner wont do them even if we have time!

Ok, not as long to next post. 270 here we come!

starting strength coach development program
    22/4/13

Squat 181.5 x 5/5/5
    Press 137.5 x 4/5/4
    Deadlift 220 x 5

Chins x 5/4/3

Just a quick log.
    Squats good. Press dissapointing, should have deloaded a little more.
    Deadlift was strong. Put my knees out and was solid. Small tweak to the back of my left shoulder after pressing and sore for dead warm ups but had eased by dead workset time.
    Chin ups ok. Legs moving too much.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast