starting strength gym
Page 191 of 215 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2150

Thread: Here comes Hercules

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    [QUOTE=carson;1629871]No emperor, I'm afraid. I don't think politics is my cup of tea. For the last few weeks coming up to the election there was a group of "bully boys", actually some were girls, that started making baseless charges against me that I was a white supremacist, that I hated blacks, women, and homosexuals and that I was either conniving to keep out medical marijuana from our little town or was working in favor of more dispensaries. It was all nonsense but what can I do? I am after all an old white man. [QUOTE]
    No kidding? Man, that sucks, and why I'm not cut out for politics. Cast aspersions like that on me, and I'll make it my job to tap on their shoulder when they least expect it without bullies backing them.

Well, I still have my books...I may even write one.
    Do it! Most fun I've had in my life is since starting to write. When I'm not writing, I'm thinking about it. Some of my best ideas come when I'm in the middle of a conversation, smiling and nodding while my brain has switched to my main character!

There were many tears, especially on the part of my long suffering wife. But I'm beginning to enjoy life again. Thank God for Starting Strength.
    Dang, that's too bad. Sorry to hear about the tears.

I think the goofs took their cues from antifa the fascist group that pretends not to be. When not harassing me they wore masks and held signs proclaiming that I was something or other. I'm glad it's over.

I've started notes on several different books but never stayed with any of them. Maybe I have had enough with activism to actually now complete one.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    I think the goofs took their cues from antifa the fascist group that pretends not to be. When not harassing me they wore masks and held signs proclaiming that I was something or other.
    Hmm. As a hunter of anything that moves, this is a fairly simple problem for me to solve. Choose one with a mask, isolate and follow it to its lair. From there our methods of explaining the errors of their ways may possibly be different. I have the rest of my life to make their lives miserable in a rather consistent way.

I've started notes on several different books but never stayed with any of them. Maybe I have had enough with activism to actually now complete one.
    I wrote my first book in a high school History class. It was an easy subject for me and I still pulled an A.

Then thirty years went by while I went through life and raised a family. During that time, I had so many books rolling through my head, although I've written seventeen now of 100K words or more, I have yet to even make a dent in them. Unlike other authors, I don't have to search for a subject, instead it's just choosing one and getting it out!

Take what is most passionate to you in life and write about it.

Oldster, I would have loved seeing you in action.

We've made our move into a new gym. There were just too many hassles with the owners of the older building plus the many problems with it. It really is a lovely new place. My wife and I will be training for the first time in it on Friday. But man what a job moving all of our stuff on Monday and Tuesday. It's a good thing we had strength training.

Our first lifts in the new gym. It's quite nice. No stairs and no flooding.

531 week 4

Squat: 70 x 5; 120 x 3; 160 x 2; 190 x 1; 200 x 1; 190 x 2; 180 x 3
    Bench: 45 x 5; 95 x 3; 115 x 1; 125 x 1; 135 x 1; 127.5 x 2; 120 x 3

Back off week. The weights were easy but I did not go to depth on Squats as frequently as I would have like. That's what happens when I miss 10 days straight.

Sounds like a dandy new gym, Herk!

If you have trouble hitting parallel or deeper on squats after 10 days, is it not a lift that comes naturally?

I know we're all different when it comes to different movements, but the one lift that never changes for me, no matter how much time off, is the squat. I'm just build to do the movement. My partner has remarked for the past 20+ years we've lifted together, my squats never change, ever. No matter how much time off, no matter how heavy, no matter how many reps.

I guess it doesn't come naturally. I must focus more so that it does. You have given me something to think about. I appreciate that. Bench and Dead come easily. Squat and Press are a bit more problematic. I must think this through.

I also did HIIT on the rower. Just 3 x 60 seconds. We do have room for the prowler once everything is put away. The prowler is good.

starting strength coach development program
    I don't know if there is a connection but I have a serious pain in the left side of my back near my lowest rib. The rack I trained on sat on a slight decline on the left side of the rack. We had to shim the left side up but of course my body was about an inch lower on the left side than on the right. It may mean nothing or it may mean that we will need to move the rack. Any thoughts?