starting strength gym
Page 196 of 215 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2150

Thread: Here comes Hercules

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    ...the comparison gives me encouragement to press (and pull) on.
    Excellent! Sometimes we forget where we started after we're battling the iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Mynhier View Post
    Nice work, carson. And good luck with the hook grip. I was doing hook grip for a while because I was giving power cleans a shot, but I dropped them somewhere along the way.
    All I know they hurt like Hades.

Thanks Oldster. You do write well.

After a one week hiatus I will be back under and on the bar tomorrow. I had a chest tightening experience while on a treadmill. After an EKG and stress test I'm free to continue. I guess the tightness was from stress and nothing attributable to something wrong with my ticker. I'm going to change somethings. I'm staying out of politics. I really think that is the major contributor to the event. I enjoy hiking but have not done much of it for quite a while. That is going to change. I may even finally give golfing a serious try. We will see how tomorrow's lifts go.
    Last edited by carson; 02-08-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Bad weather has caused Sully to close the gym for tomorrow. See you Monday.

Glad to hear it was nothing serious.

After a one week hiatus I will be back under and on the bar tomorrow. I had a chest tightening experience while on a treadmill. After an EKG and stress test I'm free to continue. I guess the tightness was from stress and nothing attributable to something wrong with my ticker. I'm going to change somethings. I'm staying out of politics. I really think that is the major contributor to the event. I enjoy hiking but have not done much of it for quite a while. That is going to change. I may even finally give golfing a serious try. We will see how tomorrow's lifts go.
    Agree with Dave, glad it was nothing serious.

This may be your time to change up your life a bit. Politics can be terribly stressful. Not sure how the pros do it. Folks like me'n'you aren't cut out for the rough'n'tumble. Hiking is great, everyone should do it. Especially with a 1/4 of an elk on your back.

Golf? I'll bet it would be relaxing with a bunch of buddies!

That golf idea seems better all of the time. After all, I can rack up 72 points in six holes. It takes almost 18 for the other guys.

I've never tried carrying an elk on my back. How do you get them to hold still?

That golf idea seems better all of the time. After all, I can rack up 72 points in six holes. It takes almost 18 for the other guys.
    Read that to y wife and she died laughing. Says she can beat you, pretty sure she can get 72 in four or less!

I've never tried carrying an elk on my back. How do you get them to hold still?
    They do squirm a bit if you don't start the task right.

starting strength coach development program
    You are impressive. I always enjoy seeing the numbers you put up. It gives me hope.