starting strength gym
Page 197 of 215 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2150

Thread: Here comes Hercules

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    After a one week hiatus I will be back under and on the bar tomorrow. I had a chest tightening experience while on a treadmill. After an EKG and stress test I'm free to continue. I guess the tightness was from stress and nothing attributable to something wrong with my ticker. I'm going to change somethings. I'm staying out of politics. I really think that is the major contributor to the event. I enjoy hiking but have not done much of it for quite a while. That is going to change. I may even finally give golfing a serious try. We will see how tomorrow's lifts go.
    Oh No, NOT GOLF!! ;-) Actually golf is fun with some buddies as Oldster suggests. However, it can be a very frustrating game if you tend to be competitive, and it is very time consuming. I like it when I'm on vacation. Its a great way to get out in the outdoors and relax after the wife has drug me to too many "important sights."

I also had some check tightening episodes last spring. A stress echocardiogram proved that it was just stress. Glad you had the same result. Dumping politics isn't a bad idea in this day and age. My aunt was a Kansas State Senator for many years. She told me she is really glad it wasn't like it is now in her day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene61 View Post
    Oh No, NOT GOLF!! ;-) Actually golf is fun with some buddies as Oldster suggests. However, it can be a very frustrating game if you tend to be competitive, and it is very time consuming. I like it when I'm on vacation. Its a great way to get out in the outdoors and relax after the wife has drug me to too many "important sights."

I also had some check tightening episodes last spring. A stress echocardiogram proved that it was just stress. Glad you had the same result. Dumping politics isn't a bad idea in this day and age. My aunt was a Kansas State Senator for many years. She told me she is really glad it wasn't like it is now in her day.
    I think things generally have got worse. Avoiding a possible partisan argument there is just too much name calling and stupid charges of racism and the like. I have friends who have been driven out by charges of hate speech or sexual harassment based upon something one thought one friend had said. Another is on the block because he doesn't always agree with the majority. It's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    You are impressive. I always enjoy seeing the numbers you put up. It gives me hope.
    Thank you, PizzaDad. Never give up. Never.

HLM Heavy day

I finally picked up my get out of jail card with a clean bill of health from my Doctor.

Squat: 70 x 3; 120 x 4; 160 x 2; 185 x 1; 197,5 x 3 x 3
    Press: 45 x 3; 65 x 3; 85 x 2; 92.5 x 3 x 3
    Dead: 135 x 3; 225 x 2; 275 x 1; 295 x 1 I used hook grip through 225 then switch to alternate grip. I'm working toward using hook grip throughout. Thumbs hurt like crazy but I made it.
    300 x 3. No problem.
    Last edited by carson; 02-12-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    HLM Heavy day

I finally picked up my get out of jail card with a clean bill of health from my Doctor.
    Excellent news, Herk-a-Leez!
    Squat: 70 x 3; 120 x 4; 160 x 2; 185 x 1; 197,5 x 3 x 3
    Press: 45 x 3; 65 x 3; 85 x 2; 92.5 x 3 x 3
    Dead: 135 x 3; 225 x 2; 275 x 1; 295 x 1 I used hook grip through 225 then switch to alternate grip. I'm working toward using hook grip throughout. Thumbs hurt like crazy but I made it.
    300 x 3. No problem.
    Good work, man!

I was really glad to get back into the gym. I tried making a snowman. We surely have enough snow but the snow was too try for packing. I was beginning to get stir crazy. It felt really good to be lifting. Perhaps the rest did me good. I was surprised how relatively easy the 300 x 3 was.

I don't suppose it will bother you people around here are mowing their lawns, earliest I've seen in my life. The Canadian border is only 203 miles to the north of me!

Lawn mowing???? Lawn Mowing!!!! LAWN MOWING@%#&@@@@&&&%#

Wow. Should have kept my mouth shut. 54 degrees, beautiful blue skies for a week, lawn mowers running everywhere across the county, then I wake up to 4" of snow this morning??????????????? Sheesh...

Glad I left my mowers in the garage!

starting strength coach development program
    nicely done carson!