Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WaffleLog VeggieBox

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Workout 3
    May 17, 2013 6:00pm

Squat 125lbs 3x5
    I think my form was decent. I can't tell if my legs are out wide enough, but I'm keeping the bar over the center of my feet and going below parallel.

Overhead Press 80lbs 3x5
    These felt heavy and difficult again, but I was able to complete the sets. I think I need to post another form video soon. I have a feeling I'm not using a completely vertical bar path. I ordered 1.25lb plates a couple of days ago, and they shipped today. I think I'm going to need to start using them pretty soon.

Deadlift 180lbs 1x5
    I managed to get the right weight this time. I think my form was pretty good. I even hit my knees with the bar on the way down!

Nutrition/Recovery
    Nutrition is going fine. I'm a little tired of cheese, and can't wait to be done with this Cookie Dough flavored whey. Too bad I have like 25 days worth of it left. Still no soreness. Will it ever come? I feel like I must not be working hard enough. I'm gonna try doing a bunch of stretching tomorrow to see if I can work on wrist/shoulder flexibility to help with the pain during squat grip.

What kind of squat grip pain are you having?

My wrists and scapula area hurt some when put into position, not caused by the weight but by my general inflexibility it seems.

I don't know if my previous post make it. Anyway, I had similar problems for a lot of my LP, but it was my wrists, shoulders, and elbows. What helped me was using chalk, doing chins, and gaining a little weight. I started as skinny as your are and much shorter 5'4". I think I'm a lot gayer too.

After a long layoff once I returned to find I could no longer assume the correct lowbar squat position. A few days of stretching it out with a broomstick had me flexible enough in no time.

Hi, glad you stuck with your decision to keep a log here - I'm rooting for you! And who knows, maybe hanging around here will magically get you over your phobia of meat...

Quote Originally Posted by dimwitted View Post
    I think I'm a lot gayer too.
    By what measure?

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleBox View Post
    My wrists and scapula area hurt some when put into position, not caused by the weight but by my general inflexibility it seems.
    It wasn't comfortable for me at first either but I gained enough flexibility in the first few weeks that it is now a non-issue. Hopefully your experience will be the same.

By what measure?
    Wow, I completely read through that. It didn't even register until you quoted it. I wonder what else I read through.
    Last edited by Nate; 05-20-2013 at 12:49 PM.

By what measure?
    I once purchased a sufjan stevens cd and listened to it?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dimwitted View Post
    I once purchased a sufjan stevens cd and listened to it?
    I've never even heard of that person, so if listening to his music is a measure of how much you like dudes (and judging by this picture of him from Wikipedia, I do believe it is), you win.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast