starting strength gym
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Movicque's 2014 SS log

Default Movicque's 2014 SS log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Although I joined in Nov, I've been lurking for the better part of 6 months. I figured with the New Year and coming back fresh off a 3 week break (school finals/vacation) it was a good time to start a log here, 1, to keep better track of my training and progress, ask questions, get advice/feedback and 2, to connect with some like minded people all across the globe.

Stats: 25, Female, 5'9ish, 175

Brief background:
    I'm a full-time student and an O-1 in the Navy. I'm relatively new to weight training at least in terms of doing it on my own. Played Varsity softball and basketball in high school. One year of collegiate softball as a walk-on, where we did lift occasionally, but I was injured most of the season and finally had Labrum surgery in my throwing shoulder that ended my playing days. Started lifting back in April '13 to lose weight and get fit before Officer Development School, and since I hate, hate, hate running, weight training was the obvious choice. Lucked into going to school with a SS coach that provided some very valuable nutrition and programming info and I've been hooked since. I didn't lift w/ any consistency while at ODS over the summer, met a few of my short term goals in the fall, now I'm ready to put some serious time and energy into achieving some new ones.

Weights before break:
    Squat: 180lbs 3x5(setsxreps)
    Bench: 100lbs 3x5 (1RM-115lbs)
    Deadlift: 245lbs 1x3
    Press: 65lbs 3x5 (1RM-75lbs)
    PC: 95lbs 5x3 - form needs some work here

Today was my first day back in the gym after a pretty long layoff so I dropped everything +/-20%.

Worksets:
    S:145lbs 3x5
    B: 85lbs 3x5
    D: 205lbs 1x5

Oh...my name is pronounced Mo-veek, like Monique but with a V, just in case anyone was wondering.

So one of my goals is to eventually get down under 160lbs and somewhere around 16-18% bodyfat. At one point I was 225, got down to 195, and now I hover around 175 bodyfat low-mid 20s%. Following some Q&A, I'm going to be adding in HIIT cardio with some other circuit-y type training 2x/week.

Here's what I did today:
    AMRAP 10 - Chin Ups - Didn't keep count, all band assisted, but I'd really like to get to a point where I can do some usassisted/weighted ones, so just trying to accrue more volume right now.
    10 minsAbs - Toes to Bar, Planks
    C2 Rower HIIT - 30 second high, 1 min low, 9 rounds
    10 mins Mobility - mostly just foam rolled cause I'm sore from yesterday.

Welcome Movique! This is a great community, you'll get some good support. I am similar in height and weight, btw, but older. I'll be following your log!

Thanks Viola, saw your log too so I'll be following along!

Super sore today. Was sore yesterday too and I did some mobility work hoping to relieve some of that soreness but my quad and hamstrings are still tight and some tightness in my pecs too.

Today's worksets:

S: 150lbs 3x5
    P: 60lbs 1x5, 1x3, 1x4 - will repeat this weight again. I really struggle with the press and it looks like I've lost some strength since taking a break.
    PC: 65lbs 5x3 - pretty easy, just wanted a refresher on form.

I had planned to get back up near my previous work set weight before adding a light squat day per advanced novice, but I may just go ahead and do that starting next week. I have one more workout on Sat for this 1st week so I guess I'll see how I feel then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    nice deadlift
    Thanks! The deadlift is the only lift I haven't had to reset really and it's progressed well. Plus I think I'm built better to pull than to bench on account of my long arms. Hoping to hit 250 by Feb. and 315 by the fall? Don't know how realistic that is but something to work towards.

Today's Workout:

Squats: 155lbs 3x5
    Bench: 90lbs 2x5, 1x4 - missed the last rep, will probably repeat at this weight next week. I need to buy micro plates at some point soon, or ask about altering the rep/set scheme to drive the bench up.
    Deadlift: 215x5 - felt great except the floor had a slight slope so the bar kept rolling and it was a major pain.

I need to take some video of my squats for a form critique. I've put quite a bit of effort into improving them, but I'm always worried about things like depth, hip drive, etc. i have a few videos even a couple I posted in the technique forum and I think my form is fair, just always looking for ways to get better.

Uneventful weekend, but I had a super long day at school so I ended up in the gym during the evening rush. I absolutely hate it in there at that time. Luckily I wasn't trying to lift, but I still don't like negotiating around that many people. I usually workout at in the early afternoon, and it's pretty empty. I have class until late tomorrow as well so I'm gonna have to make do with the crowds for another day.

Conditioning:
    AMRAP 10 Chins - 43 - kept count this time so now I have a number to work with. Gonna aim for 50 on Weds.
    AMRAP 10 Back Ext - 105 - OMG, the burn! My back was on fire after this!!
    HIIT Kettlebell Swings - 30s on, 8 30s off - wanted to do 10 mins, quit after 8, thought I was going to DIE.
    Mobility stuff - foam roll, shoulder dislocations, messed around with some front squats with just the bar

Pretty uneventful, excited to lift tomorrow.

GainzZz. Good to see you here, Ms. King :-)

Thank you and welcome, Mr. Feigenbaum! Surprised you found me. Winter break was def a setback, but I think 200 3x5 for squat in 3-4 weeks is entirely possible and DLs are moving along swimmingly so I'm just gonna keep on keeping on with those. Bench and OHP are a whole 'nother story entirely, makes me sad to think about.

starting strength coach development program
    Hey Movicque! Looks like you're lifting some great things in here. Following!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast