starting strength gym

Thread: Rossi re-beginner log - your comment is welcome

Default Rossi re-beginner log - your comment is welcome

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi!
    I started a similar linear program a few years back, but more important things got in the way of lifting. I now want to start again!

- I am now 28 years old, 182cm (6 feet) and I weigh 70kg (154lbs).
    - I have the kindle version of SSv3.
    - I have chalk, bar, plates, and a power rack, and MOTIVATION!
    - My alltime best 1RM's (over 3 years back) were 150kg DL (330lbs), 120kg SQ (250lbs), 98kg BP (215lbs), 53kg OHP (116 lbs).

- I'm confident that I know more or less how to squat, (bench) press and DL properly, but I do not know how to power clean.

- Last time round, eating enough was the biggest problem. I have never been a big eater.
    I tried GOMAD, but had to stop after being constipated every day for 2 weeks. I won't do that again!

I will start like the Kethnaab FAQ specifies: empty bar + weights until the speed starts to slow.
    Do you have comments or advice?

Do you have metamucil over there? It's a psyllium fiber laxative. It might help. I had the opposite problem with milk.

This time, don't quit! You are 28 years old. This is prime strength-building time. Don't waste it. I wish I were 28 again.

Yes, I googled it and it can be found here (but I still have a large container of psyllium husk anyhow). Psyllium husk did not help a lot.
    Maybe I can do half a GOMAD, but full gomad is out of the question.

Also, I found out I'm too tight (hamstrings / hips) to deadlift properly ATM. Either my back rounds, or my hips go down a lot. This can be solved with stretching, but it's pretty severe so it might take a few weeks. (I also have a severe hyperlordosis. This happens when 99% of your days are spent sitting).

Post a form check for your deadlift in the technique forum. We'll get it fixed.