Squat 112.5kgx3x5
    Bench 70kgx3x5
    Chinup 10kgx12,8 and 5kgx10
    Hang clean 45kgx5x3
    C2 Rower 7x rounds 20s on : 120s off

Friday September 25 - Intensity Day
    Squat: 115kgx3x5
    Press: 71kgx2x3 @ RPE 10, 9 PR
    Rack Pull: 193.75kgx5 oops had uneven weights on either side. Was meant to be doing 195kg!
    Hanging Leg Raises: 45, 22, 20

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Heart View Post
    Friday September 25 - Intensity Day
    Strong pressing! Hope the squat comes back OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bean counter View Post
    Strong pressing! Hope the squat comes back OK.
    Cheers! My press form was off yesterday though. I wasn't getting under the bar enough so made it harder for myself.

I'm just going to LP the squat by adding weight every session and then drop down to adding weight 2x week when I can't recover.

Congrats, awesome work!

Have you thought about programming stuff long term? Like what's after TM? Would you give auto-regulation another try, or do you think the typical frequency of that kind of training (4 days per week excl GPP) works against you and other life commitments?

BTW, how do you tackle the 700g carb high days exactly? That must be a tall order sometimes, are you resorting to shakes or carb supplements yet?! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Strength_Power_Progress View Post
    Congrats, awesome work!

Have you thought about programming stuff long term? Like what's after TM? Would you give auto-regulation another try, or do you think the typical frequency of that kind of training (4 days per week excl GPP) works against you and other life commitments?

BTW, how do you tackle the 700g carb high days exactly? That must be a tall order sometimes, are you resorting to shakes or carb supplements yet?! :P
    Cheers! I seem to be progressing well on the pressing movements right now. Id love to press 80kgx5 but that is a while off.

3 day TM works fits in with my schedule better than a 4 day split would. Ive done auto regulation before on a 4 day split when Jordan dine my programming and it worked great when I cut down (gained strength in some lifts). I just felt wanted to go down the more agressive route as an ibtermediate since I'm young and have plenty of opportunity to recover on TM. If I was older and had family etc I'd probably do something like a 4 day TM split or auto regulation as my recovery abilities would be lower. Saying that its a long September weekend for me (off work until Tuesday) and was out last night and I'm going out tonight again although I'm not drinking as I'm driving everyone so sleep this weekend may be lacking :-)

To be honest with you I can get through a 715g carb day pretty easily now. It was a struggle at firdt but I think I've built up to it now. I haven't resorted to carb supplements like waxy maize but I do have a shake in the morning and usually one at night to make up my remaining macros. My carb sources are white/sweet potatoes, pasta, oats, ice cream (fat too I suppose) and fruit/fruit juice. I don't touch rice as it doesn't digiest well for me. Also, recently I've been more concerned about my cardiovascular health so I've been doing a lot of HIIT work after lifting.

Cheers! I seem to be progressing well on the pressing movements right now. Id love to press 80kgx5 but that is a while off.
    BW is definitely on the horizon sooner rather than later!

3 day TM works fits in with my schedule better than a 4 day split would. Ive done auto regulation before on a 4 day split when Jordan dine my programming and it worked great when I cut down (gained strength in some lifts). I just felt wanted to go down the more agressive route as an ibtermediate since I'm young and have plenty of opportunity to recover on TM. If I was older and had family etc I'd probably do something like a 4 day TM split or auto regulation as my recovery abilities would be lower. Saying that its a long September weekend for me (off work until Tuesday) and was out last night and I'm going out tonight again although I'm not drinking as I'm driving everyone so sleep this weekend may be lacking :-)
    Enjoy! Always sucks being the designated "sober one" (although I drink like 1x a year...) though.

That's cool, any thoughts for when TM progression ends though?

To be honest with you I can get through a 715g carb day pretty easily now. It was a struggle at firdt but I think I've built up to it now. I haven't resorted to carb supplements like waxy maize but I do have a shake in the morning and usually one at night to make up my remaining macros. My carb sources are white/sweet potatoes, pasta, oats, ice cream (fat too I suppose) and fruit/fruit juice. I don't touch rice as it doesn't digiest well for me. Also, recently I've been more concerned about my cardiovascular health so I've been doing a lot of HIIT work after lifting.
    I'm seriously considering Vitargo at this point. Once I'm up above 93kg, I forsee it being very difficult to maintain weight under 500c a day.
    Last edited by Gerhard; 09-27-2015 at 12:28 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Strength_Power_Progress View Post
    BW is definitely on the horizon sooner rather than later!

Enjoy! Always sucks being the designated "sober one" (although I drink like 1x a year...) though.

That's cool, any thoughts for when TM progression ends though?

I'm seriously considering Vitargo at this point. Once I'm up above 93kg, I forsee it being very difficult to maintain weight under 500c a day.
    A bodyweight press when you think about it is pretty damn strong!

At least I didn't have a banging hangover today though and I still had fun last night even if I was sober. I even got a lassie's number :-) I take it you don't go to pubs and clubs then?

TM will end when I simply don't progress anymore (whenever that will be). I've definitely got a good amount of mileage left.

Aye I hear you on carb intake over 90kg. When I was 95kg I was eating a shut load of calories just to maintain.

Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast