57bergstrm an elderly beginner log 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log - Page 114

starting strength gym
Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1141

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

  1. #1131
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    adelaide, south australia
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Thank you 57bergstrm. Your posts, and your progress, and your struggles are a must-read for me.
    I know you will work your way thru each challenge.

  2. #1132
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 76now View Post
    Thank you 57bergstrm. Your posts, and your progress, and your struggles are a must-read for me.
    I know you will work your way thru each challenge.
    Thanks 76
    I must say Im not lifting yet,having a load of work with the boat, and the car and so on and on, on.....
    Left hip still in pain, getting better, but thats just an excuse, its really lack of time and energy

  3. #1133
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Thanks 76
    I must say Im not lifting yet,having a load of work with the boat, and the car and so on and on, on.....
    Left hip still in pain, getting better, but thats just an excuse, its really lack of time and energy

    We've all been there. My NLP (now approaching the end of year 4, LOL!) has seen numerous interruptions and resets and "start-overs" due to just that. Sometimes easily understood and justified, some not so much. But we all get back to it. You'll get there.

    Just remember, as masters, we're in it to improve our quality of life, not break any world records. Even with my spotty adherence, I can see SS has made me more in-shape and ready to tackle life than everyone else I know who's my age (or even a bit younger).

    Rest up, get well, and when you're ready, we know you'll be back!

  4. #1134
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanThornton View Post
    We've all been there. My NLP (now approaching the end of year 4, LOL!) has seen numerous interruptions and resets and "start-overs" due to just that. Sometimes easily understood and justified, some not so much. But we all get back to it. You'll get there.

    Just remember, as masters, we're in it to improve our quality of life, not break any world records. Even with my spotty adherence, I can see SS has made me more in-shape and ready to tackle life than everyone else I know who's my age (or even a bit younger).

    Rest up, get well, and when you're ready, we know you'll be back!
    Thanks Sean
    Your words felt good. Now Im back and ready to begin again.
    I start with press movements, my hip is not ok, but much better.
    All the best to you and your lifting.

  5. #1135
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    14/5-19 tuesday
    Press in kg
    20x5x2
    25x5
    30x5
    35x5
    40x3
    Bench
    20x5
    30x5
    40x5
    50x5
    60x5
    70x3
    Just warming up and testing after 5weeks off.

  6. #1136
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,442

    Default 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

    17/5-10 friday

    This is Chotsie my new friend from Texas, a real fighter, thrown out of car, wrong leg amputate, the other totaly stiff, impressive energy can walk for miles, this gal can also walk on her two frontlegs when she feels like it for almost 20feet. A real fighter and ratcatcher, tuff as hell.
    Last edited by 57bergstrm; 05-18-2019 at 01:00 PM.

  7. #1137
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,442

    Default 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

    17/5-19 friday
    Press in kg
    40x4x3
    Last edited by 57bergstrm; 05-18-2019 at 05:20 PM.

  8. #1138
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    18/5-19 saturday
    Bench in kg
    70x4x3

  9. #1139
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    20/5-19 monday
    DL in kg
    100x5
    Starting all over from 1,5 month rest. Testing left hip, still some stiffness and pain in glute.

  10. #1140
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    224

    Default

    That's about the same weight I used for DL when returning from a long hiatus.

    Good luck with the hip, and I hope it's feeling well tomorrow.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •