Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1907

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    22/7-19 monday
    DL
    130kgx4x2
    Did wrong lift, mistake DL for SLDL, but anyway it felt good.

23/7-19 tuesday
    Press
    42kgx5x4
    Surprised myself.

After reading your log I'm thinking of doing something like that. The program seems to be similar to those I've read in a book by Brooks Kubic called Grey Hair and Black Iron. He says abbreviated training works well for many and especially those of us older trainees.
    I haven't made much progress in quite a while and doing to much just makes me feel beat down.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    After reading your log I'm thinking of doing something like that. The program seems to be similar to those I've read in a book by Brooks Kubic called Grey Hair and Black Iron. He says abbreviated training works well for many and especially those of us older trainees.
    I haven't made much progress in quite a while and doing to much just makes me feel beat down.
    Its working quite well, one lift a day, Ive done it for around 10 weeks, I take a day free when I feel tired and sore. Its also short training no more than an hour, DL is can be less than 30min. I noticed that I get quite tired even with one lift per day. Having this hip problem so no squat for now, I think my hip is getting better. One more good thing with shorter sessions is that I also have energy to go for some cardio. I shall follow your log Jerry to see how you manage. Thanks for your comment.

25/7-19 thursday
    Im taking some time off from training, no more than a week, maybe less. We have a very warm weather in the north of sweden and I have to work on the farmhouse and its surroundings before I go home to Stockholm on monday. Its getting hotter everyday now, on saturday they say its going to hit 35 degrees celsius.

2/8-19 friday
    CGBP
    66kgx5,4,5
    Back home in Stockholm after almost two month in the nothern part of Sweden, weather is warmer here, as it often is. Its now 10 days without training after 12 weeks of training, recovered but not weak, left hip is a little better, and tomorrow its DL.

Welcome back. I think after 8 to 12 weeks on a program its good to take a week off with some other activity like you did. When I trained years ago at Dr. Kens Iron Island Gym, thats how he wrote the programs.

Welcome back. I think after 8 to 12 weeks on a program its good to take a week off with some other activity like you did. When I trained years ago at Dr. Kens Iron Island Gym, thats how he wrote the programs.
    Tanks for your comment, I think I need some offdays, i hate it but it feels good, ten days is maybe a little tomuch. Better with some week with lowered volume, perhaps.

3/8-19 saturday
    DL
    130kgx3

starting strength coach development program
    Yes, I read some of Brooks books, ” the dinosaurs files” was the latest. I think his thoughts are interesting, training alone without a coach like I do is a problem, I tend to get lazy, saving a rep here and there, losing form and I think thats bad for my progress. Still Im making progress, and my strength is probably better than the average 67 oldies. How about you Jerry?