• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Saturday 1/8-15 deadlift day

Deadlift worksets
    135kgx3x2
    135x2
    Backoff 117,5x5
    The weight came to far out from my shins, missed rep 4, did a couple more sets, it was a shitty lift.

Bench ID
    Worksets
    81kgx1x5
    78,5x3
    78,5x2
    76x3
    Backoff 70x5
    Narrow grip 55x10
    That was a good lift, my presses continues to be ok, thats nice.

Notes
    Have some twitch in my low back, left side, I think its a small one. Its the deadlift.

Maybe because the bar got too far out i twitched something in your back? Good work, though!

Back is ok now, your probably right, good thing I Just dropped the bar.

Tuesday 4/8-15 squat HD
    Ascending 5x5 last work set 98kgx5
    Very pleased with that and the depth was ok.
    Press ID
    Worksets
    45kgx1, 47,5x1
    50x1 PR
    49x1x2
    46x2

Notes
    I was feeling like shit after work, went to sleep and woke up after 2 hours feeling worse. Fought with myself for nearly an hour to do the training, and then it went a-okey. Im pleased, going up to squat 100kg next week and the press keps progressing. All my lifts are now up to or close to PR,s, no pain anywhere. Its better then ever, since I started with SS LP 30 month ago.

That's good to hear! Keep at it!

Thanks Slowmo!

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Saturday 1/8-15 deadlift day

Deadlift worksets
    135kgx3x2
    135x2
    Backoff 117,5x5
    The weight came to far out from my shins
    on the ascend or descend?

either way its usually a loss of balance from mid foot. think in terms that deadlifts are a leg exercise not a back. I use this cue to remind me to drive my feet through the floor. Also, when I am in position, I don't like pulling from a static position, so once I am in position with my chest up, slack out, I shift my weight forward a bit than back on my mid-foot. This small move provides a stretch in my hams, than I pull by driving through the floor. I literally think in terms of moving the floor not the bar. Similar to when benching I try to push the bench down not the bar up in order to get the bar moving.

Maybe this will help

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    on the ascend or descend?

either way its usually a loss of balance from mid foot. think in terms that deadlifts are a leg exercise not a back. I use this cue to remind me to drive my feet through the floor. Also, when I am in position, I don't like pulling from a static position, so once I am in position with my chest up, slack out, I shift my weight forward a bit than back on my mid-foot. This small move provides a stretch in my hams, than I pull by driving through the floor. I literally think in terms of moving the floor not the bar. Similar to when benching I try to push the bench down not the bar up in order to get the bar moving.

Maybe this will help
    There could be something about Pulling with the back to early, I think a about the cue pushing the floor away. I heard about it and tried it before, just forgot about it. Also its when I get tired during the last reps, Its hard to think straight then. Thanks for the help Lou.

Thursday 6/8-15 bench VD

Squat Light day (LD)
    Worksets Ascending last set 78kgx5

Bench VD
    73,5kgx5x5
    Perfect, the last rep was a grinder but I got it. Backoff narrow grip 60x8x2 + chins blueband 10.11.11

starting strength coach development program
    Do you plan to conquer 135 kg X 5 X 1 on Saturday or are you going to try for 140 kg. Also, I suspect that all of your lifts will surpass my LP numbers and then you can work with Wendler's 531. Keep up the good work. We are headed out of town and won't be back at it until August 14 with Squat and Bench. You have a chance to move up on me. Go get 'em.