starting strength gym
Page 25 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ill go for for fives @ 135, have a nice trip,!
    With you away I have chance to rest some without you surpassing me[emoji4]

Saturday 8/7-15 deadlift
    DL worksets: 135kgx4, missed the last
    Backoff 117,5x5x2

Press worksets VD
    44,5kgx5
    44,5x4x4
    44,5x3x2
    Backoff
    40x5x2 short rest between

Notes
    I have been very tired and sore the whole week, its tuff to work again after 4,5 weeks vacation. Cant get the PR going like they used to, recovery is slower.
    Used the cue "press the floor away" onDL still couldnt make the fift. Tried 1RM@142,5kg, could berely move it.
    Press wasnt much better.[emoji19]
    Im going for some farmers walk and dips tomorrow.
    Having a plan to take a light week after next week if I still feel I need some recovery then.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Saturday 8/7-15 deadlift
    DL worksets: 135kgx4, missed the last
    Backoff 117,5x5x2

Press worksets VD
    44,5kgx5
    44,5x4x4
    44,5x3x2
    Backoff
    40x5x2 short rest between

Notes
    I have been very tired and sore the whole week, its tuff to work again after 4,5 weeks vacation. Cant get the PR going like they used to, recovery is slower.
    Used the cue "press the floor away" onDL still couldnt make the fift. Tried 1RM@142,5kg, could berely move it.
    Press wasnt much better.[emoji19]
    Im going for some farmers walk and dips tomorrow.
    Having a plan to take a light week after next week if I still feel I need some recovery then.
    I remember about 2 months ago, I had to do some traveling. I drove 3 hours in each direction in addition to meetings in between. I got home a bout 7pm. as planned I arrived at the gym the next morning at 5am. It was a heavy deadlift session. I couldn't move the bar off the floor an inch. I waiting a few days until my next schedule dl session. The weight I couldn't move in the previous session, I was able to pull for 5 reps.

Point???? Don't over think it. It could very well be you need to get back into the swing of things. If I took 4.5 weeks off without touching a weight, I would not immediately start with where I left off. I would do two or three weeks of high reps/conditioning stuff. Find the groove...than return to normal programming....fwiw

btw, I posted the vid of my 3rd attempt for an American record that failed.

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    I remember about 2 months ago, I had to do some traveling. I drove 3 hours in each direction in addition to meetings in between. I got home a bout 7pm. as planned I arrived at the gym the next morning at 5am. It was a heavy deadlift session. I couldn't move the bar off the floor an inch. I waiting a few days until my next schedule dl session. The weight I couldn't move in the previous session, I was able to pull for 5 reps.

Point???? Don't over think it. It could very well be you need to get back into the swing of things. If I took 4.5 weeks off without touching a weight, I would not immediately start with where I left off. I would do two or three weeks of high reps/conditioning stuff. Find the groove...than return to normal programming....fwiw
    Well, my point was that I trained during vacation, I Love training when Im free from work, its like a training camp. Now its much harder keep up. I shouldnt overanalyse every missed rep, anyway I have hopes for the F-W and dips to help my press and DL now that Im back home to my basement gym.

Well, my point was that I trained during vacation, I Love training when Im free from work, its like a training camp. Now its much harder keep up. I shouldnt overanalyse every missed rep, anyway I have hopes for the F-W and dips to help my press and DL now that Im back home to my basement gym.
    sorry I misunderstood you.

Its no problem, Im very tankfull for you helping with your thoughts and ideas, its a great inspiration, btw i liked the video you posted on your squat. Its a shit the judge couldnt stand by his first decision, like he didnt trust his own eyes.

Its no problem, Im very tankfull for you helping with your thoughts and ideas, its a great inspiration, btw i liked the video you posted on your squat. Its a shit the judge couldnt stand by his first decision, like he didnt trust his own eyes.
    Here's what I just found out, when Geno called for three National judges to come in, each national judge took their positions behind the normal meet judges. 1 on each side judging depth and one directly in front.

The judge that overruled the lift was a National judge who was behind the side judge. so 2 out of the 3 meet judges passed it. But the National judge over ruled it. If you recall the vid, While I am waiting, you see a very large guy walk right in front of me to get in position. Thats the judge that failed the attempt. believe it or not, I just found this out today. I guess a national judge can override another meet judge.

Ahha, that explanation is a better one, anyway it must have been close call. You are a great lifter, I watch your log and you train insanely hard and get good result from it.

Ahha, that explanation is a better one, anyway it must have been close call. You are a great lifter, I watch your log and you train insanely hard and get good result from it.
    thank you for the kind words. Just trying to stay a few steps ahead of father time.

starting strength coach development program
    Sunday 9/8-15 farmerswalk
    92kgx2 walks
    112x4

Dips
    blueband 12,11
    GreenB 9,8,7

Notes
    Got some stress pain in my hands, it went away after a while. I really like those walks, learned to just drop them from standing position, I think its very easy to hurt the upper back if you lower it like a eccentric lift. So I just let go of both handles when I cant hold the weight any more.