starting strength gym
Page 28 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    I think its better to lift at a gym from that perspective, others are watching. I lift on my own in the basement, nobody sees my embarrasment.
    You've got a point there. Not only is Sully watching and often yelling but my wife is there as well. From day that we were dating and the time she saw my hairy chest and expressed appreciation I have enjoyed showing off for her.

I love the deads. And I hate them too. For me the biggest obstacle was the grip. And trying to do them with oly shoes.
    When I finally tried with alternate grip and flat shoes it sort of felt right and I could concentrate on lifting the damn weight off the floor.
    Also I have my heels close together now ( maybe 4"/10cm ) with the toes out maybe 30-40 degrees.
    I know I'm still a newbie but I think with the deads a comfortable starting position helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    I love the deads. And I hate them too. For me the biggest obstacle was the grip. And trying to do them with oly shoes.
    When I finally tried with alternate grip and flat shoes it sort of felt right and I could concentrate on lifting the damn weight off the floor.
    Also I have my heels close together now ( maybe 4"/10cm ) with the toes out maybe 30-40 degrees.
    I know I'm still a newbie but I think with the deads a comfortable starting position helps a lot.
    Making those kind of adjustments is all part of this grand experience in moving iron. It also tells me your a lifter..Cudos

Thank you. We'll see if I can live up to that.

Now, how do we make Mr Bergstrøm love/hate the deads?

Thank you. We'll see if I can live up to that.

Now, how do we make Mr Bergstrøm love/hate the deads?
    Thats impossible, because its true hate!
    The day after my last deadlift, it felt like an army had walked all over me.

I dont know if I want to change anything right now, I do it as Rip prescribes, I might change something later on. I tried flat shoes, but It didnt do something, I still dont like the DL. I hope I change my mind in a near future, but I cant se how its going to happen. I can se that you had a remarkably progression over the last 6 month, thats probably why you still are in Love. One day reality will sneak up on you, then will see who still is in love.[emoji53]

I dont know if I want to change anything right now, I do it as Rip prescribes, I might change something later on. I tried flat shoes, but It didnt do something, I still dont like the DL. I hope I change my mind in a near future, but I cant se how its going to happen. I can se that you had a remarkably progression over the last 6 month, thats probably why you still are in Love. One day reality will sneak up on you, then will see who still is in love.[emoji53]
    I don't know about that. I love the DL and have since almost day 1. I've alternately hated and liked the other lifts, but I love the DL. Wendler says, so I hear, that after 5 or 6 years one learns to hate all of them. Could be.

Yeah, I have it that way with the overhead press, where I don't feel that I have had much progress at all.

Thats impossible, because its true hate!
    The day after my last deadlift, it felt like an army had walked all over me.
    That's how I usually feel after heavy squats. Right now, as a matter of fact.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    I don't know about that. I love the DL and have since almost day 1. I've alternately hated and liked the other lifts, but I love the DL. Wendler says, so I hear, that after 5 or 6 years one learns to hate all of them. Could be.
    Wendler seems to be my kind of guy!