Page 48 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Good work!

Good to hear you are feeling all right!

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Nice lifting. I guess back off sets help build some strength. I usually can get more reps with a a weight after after a heavy lift then if I tried the weight as a work,set.
    Actually, It happened today by mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Good work!
    Thanks!
    Good to hear you are feeling all right!
    Thanks, hope it stay that way!

2/5 -16 Monday
    Squat worksets, 100kgx1. 95x5
    Bench 72kgx5x3
    Chins blueband 16
    Greenband 5, 5

Notes
    Overall a good session, progress moving on.
    Bought Andy bakers 4day program today.
    Reflecting over it.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    26/4-16 Tuesday
    Squat ID
    90kgx2, 100x1,
    107,5x1 PR

Great to get a new PR in squat, filmed it so I could see that I was just about parallell.
    congrats on the squat pr

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    congrats on the squat pr
    Thanks for the support Lou.

Default 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

5/5-16 thursday
    Light squat ascending 5x5 last set 5x76kg
    PreSs 42kgx3x3
    B-off 30x10x2
    Assist lifts
    BBrows 56kgx8, x7, x6
    Dips blueband 11,11

Notes
    Lifts ok, but feeling tired, beat up, fatigue is acumulating. Planned it to be a light day, I should probably done the workout a little shorter and lighter, no squat perhaps. My plan is to do only two sessions next week. Trying to alternate between 2 and 3 days per week.
    Last edited by 57bergstrm; 05-07-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Lifts ok, but feeling tired, beat up, fatigue is acumulating. Planned it to be a light day, I should probably done the workout a little shorter and lighter, no squat perhaps. My plan is to do only two sessions next week. Trying to alternate between 2 and 3 days per week.
    other than feeling tired, are you missing reps? staling on progression? depressed?

I've had some of my best workouts, feeling like shit. Sometimes the feeling of being tired is not analogous to what we know of as fatigue.

other than feeling tired, are you missing reps? staling on progression? depressed?

I've had some of my best workouts, feeling like shit. Sometimes the feeling of being tired is not analogous to what we know of as fatigue.
    Its like I woke up this morning about 9.30 feeling great, went up and the body felt like a some painful heavy shit that just wanted to go back and rest, wich I did, just had some eggs.
    Took the day off and did some paintjob on the garden furniture, great weather, summer is early this year, grilled some Black Angus beef, and I go for the deadlift tomorrow.

Took the day off and did some paint job on the garden furniture, great weather, summer is early this year, grilled some Black Angus beef, and I go for the deadlift tomorrow.
    Sounds like a great day to me.

You'll kill it on the deads tomorrow!

starting strength coach development program

Well its getting harder with the progression, I think thats normal as I closing in on my PR,s in all my lifts. Thats great, soon I will change my pressing program to alternating heavy/lite lifts. Im not feeling depressed, but Im sometimes having some problem with insomnia due to being sore.
    I think I know what you mean Lou, theres a difference between being tired beacause of a long day at work, I sit a lot so Im not tired in body. The other tiredness is more creeping up on me. Its more pain in body, hard to walk stairs up and down, and finally boredom and a sense of hopelessnes. The first tiredness is cured with some eating and perhaps a short nap, other times I just take a protein drink and by the time Im warmed up, The energy is back and I feel recovered. The second type of fatigue Is usually cured with an extra day off. I might be wrong or overly careful or just lazy, my weight progression havent been very impressive lately. I think its tricky thing to find the balance between rest and training!