Page 49 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Sounds like a great day to me.

You'll kill it on the deads tomorrow!
    Well, thanks Slowmo, it was a good day, sorry to say I have some neck pain, its muscular I think, treating it with some ointments, and for tomorrow Im glad I dont have to kill anything, its already dead, ;-) I just have to lift it!

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Well its getting harder with the progression, I think thats normal as I closing in on my PR,s in all my lifts. Thats great, soon I will change my pressing program to alternating heavy/lite lifts. Im not feeling depressed, but Im sometimes having some problem with insomnia due to being sore.
    I think I know what you mean Lou, theres a difference between being tired beacause of a long day at work, I sit a lot so Im not tired in body. The other tiredness is more creeping up on me. Its more pain in body, hard to walk stairs up and down, and finally boredom and a sense of hopelessnes. The first tiredness is cured with some eating and perhaps a short nap, other times I just take a protein drink and by the time Im warmed up, The energy is back and I feel recovered. The second type of fatigue Is usually cured with an extra day off. I might be wrong or overly careful or just lazy, my weight progression havent been very impressive lately. I think its tricky thing to find the balance between rest and training!
    I'm sorry to hear you struggle with this. I wish I had an answer for you. You know you body better than anyone. Take time to rest if that is what you feel you need. Keeping a journal may help uncover patterns and remedies as you experiment.

I hope you feel better soon

Thanks Lou for your interest in helping. I really like lifting, it makes me feel good about myself, no matter what happens it continues.

Default 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

8/5-16 sunday
    Weight 97,5kg, standing still for several weeks, to much food on restaurants and I Love cheese and bread. Luckily I stopped on alkohol and beer long time ago, so I want have to fight those calories.

DL wsets 132,5kgx3, 137,5x2, 141x1, boff 115kgx5x2
    Bench wsets 73kgx4x3

Notes
    DL was ok, bench better than I expected. Had some left shoulder/back pain, didnt bother me much, so it was a good session.
    Last edited by 57bergstrm; 05-09-2016 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Weight reg.

I really like lifting, it makes me feel good about myself, no matter what happens it continues.
    Amen to that. One of the main things I've noticed is how much better I feel about myself when I'm lifting regularly. I'm also trying to figure out the balance between rest/work/play/lifting.... but it's a quality problem to have I think. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by hondotbt View Post
    Amen to that. One of the main things I've noticed is how much better I feel about myself when I'm lifting regularly. I'm also trying to figure out the balance between rest/work/play/lifting.... but it's a quality problem to have I think. Keep up the good work.
    Yes, I agree, its really a quality problem, even if it sounds like Im complaining over missed reps, sore body, being tired and feeling sick. Its more like I wear those as a badge of honor[emoji6]. Proud to be a lifter in a world of gymbros.
    Looked at your log, you are doing fine, Are you having a SScoach on a regular basis?

Yes, I agree, its really a quality problem, even if it sounds like Im complaining over missed reps, sore body, being tired and feeling sick. Its more like I wear those as a badge of honor[emoji6]. Proud to be a lifter in a world of gymbros.
    Amen

10/5-16 Tuesday
    Squat worksets 90kgx2
    100x1, 110xmissed new 1RM

Notes
    At least I dared to try, it wasnt really a perfect day for it, Im tired from DL on sunday. Well its my first squat fail, I had to put the bar down on the spotterarms.

12/5-16 thursday
    Press worksets 42kgx3x3 one hour rest, had a phonecall, then 30x3, 35x3, 39x1, 42x2x2

Chins blue band 16, green 6, 6.

Notes
    Ok, press needs more volume, I think. This is my easy week, two days training, but I divided one day in two sessions, so next training is on saturday.

Default 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

starting strength coach development program
    14/5-16 saturday
    Light squat: ascending 5x5 last set 76kgx5
    Bench
    Worksets: 73kgx5x2. 73x3 missed last two, backoff 60x9, 50x12

DL worksets 132,5kgx4, 137,5x3, backoff 115x5x2

Notes: I could probably have done 5 at 132,5, deadlift felt much better than I expected.
    Tomorrow We are going to watch our first PL competion.