Page 61 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    28/11-16
    Squat 100kgx3x3
    Heavy but ok.
    Next is meeting with SS coach Carl R. On thursday I think, here in Stockholm, thats ok[emoji106]

1/12-16
    Squat 85kgx5x3
    With straps around the bar and in my hands, SS coach Carl Raghavan made me try a new method. Because of my stiff shoulder I been using the top squat device, but this is actally better, because it engage the lats and the upper back more. Need more practise thou.
    Press 40x4,4,5
    Same again, need to engage my lats more.
    DL 130kgx3,2
    Same, more latsactivation,
    Notes
    A lot of new things to work on for me, mainly latsactivity, and more chins. My son Marcus got his fair share to, he is going for one more coached session on Monday.

I remember reading a post on this site a while ago about using straps for the squats. I've been using the safety squat bar for the last year or so, I may start using the straps when I start a new program the beginning of the year. I have the same problem very tight shoulders never was like that until about 2 or 3 years ago,. Good luck with the lifting regards Jerry
    Last edited by BrooklynJerry; 12-02-2016 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I remember reading a post on this site a while ago about using straps for the squats. I've been using the safety squat bar for the last year or so, I may start using the straps when I start a new program the beginning of the year. I have the same problem very tight shoulders never was like that until about 2 or 3 years ago,. Good luck with the lifting regards Jerry
    Thanks, I just made a two new kind of handles from a plastic tube as the handle grip with a rope thru it in a loop.
    Its a little scary to have the bar on the back without holding it with my hands.

4/12-16
    Turned 65yo today, in Sweden its pension age. Not for me, Ill carry on a couple of years more.

Bench
    72kgx5x3
    Backoff 60kgx12, 62,5kgx8

Grattis! Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday. Being a senior has gotten me a reduced price for tickets at the movies. My BD is in 10 days two years older then you. Be happy to be able to do what you are doing, I'm sure you know many people that can't .

6/12-16
    Thanks, the reduced price here and there are a comfort. But I truly hate getting older. It will probably take the rest of my life to get over it[emoji6]

Squat 90kgx4x3
    No fives, hard for the shoulder and upper back
    This is a tuff one, my new squat style, with straps, forces me to reduce the weight 10%
    I have to reset again[emoji37]
    I hope its worth it, anyway its orders from my ss-coach, I have to relearn the squat.

Grattis, Lasse! [emoji322][emoji512]

And don't worry about a small reset. How many people over 50 do you know who can squat 90 kg for several sets of reps across and complain about having to reset the weights? Slow and steady, and you'll continue to become the strongest you you've ever been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    ..... It will probably take the rest of my life to get over it[emoji6]
    yeah, life's a bitch.

Squat 90kgx4x3
    No fives, hard for the shoulder and upper back
    This is a tuff one, my new squat style, with straps, forces me to reduce the weight 10%
    I have to reset again[emoji37]
    I hope its worth it, anyway its orders from my ss-coach, I have to relearn the squat.
    It's probably better in the long run. You'll get back to your old squat weights soon!