starting strength gym
Page 82 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    you should be able to get a hockey mouthpiece there in sweden!

There is, I have Thought about it, I have a piece of it, but there is still pressure applied when you use it. I probably have to lift with open mouth.

i was thinking the pressure would be sped out enough not to cause damage but you would know better than i

Quote Originally Posted by Bergstedt View Post
    You're putting in good work, Lasse! And even if progress feels slow sometimes, it is still progress and you are getting stronger.

I am sorry to hear about the tooth. I hope it works out fine!
    Thanks for the support Levy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    i was thinking the pressure would be sped out enough not to cause damage but you would know better than i
    Thanks for the tips, iether way I will get a permanent filling next week, and then Im ready to go again[emoji41]

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    There is, I have Thought about it, I have a piece of it, but there is still pressure applied when you use it. I probably have to lift with open mouth.
    I also clench my teeth very hard when lifting (I actually bit through a mouth guard during my third squat attempt at the last meet) and have found that when I get a headache or sore jaws during a workout, it actually works quite well to open your mouth as hard as can when you start each rep, in order to not clench. It still allows you to work the jaws quite hard, which to me is an important stimulus when lifting something heavy, without grinding you teeth. Hopefully it will allow you to lift heavy even with the temporary filling!

You can get used to lifting with your mouth open, just practice. When it gets real heavy, open your mouth more, instead of closing it and grinding teeth down to stumps. Easier said than done maybe, but if you practice .... you will succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergstedt View Post
    I also clench my teeth very hard when lifting (I actually bit through a mouth guard during my third squat attempt at the last meet) and have found that when I get a headache or sore jaws during a workout, it actually works quite well to open your mouth as hard as can when you start each rep, in order to not clench. It still allows you to work the jaws quite hard, which to me is an important stimulus when lifting something heavy, without grinding you teeth. Hopefully it will allow you to lift heavy even with the temporary filling!
    Ok, anyway it might be a good idea to use a mouth guard in the future, Im older and teeth probably get more fragile as I age. I shall ask my dentist about that. But now Im waiting for my bro whos bought a old Corvette to play with[emoji4]

29/9-17 friday
    Squat
    110kgx1, 115kgx1, 110kgx1x3
    Boff 89kgx5
    Light DL 110kgx3x5
    2minrest
    Notes
    Forgot to use mouthguard, no problem, the lifts where all ok.

starting strength coach development program
    1/10-17 sunday
    Pressday
    47kgx1x2 testing Strength
    42kgx5x3
    CGBP 67kgx5x3
    Boff 60kgx8x2
    Dips blueband 8,9,8
    + Singelarm horisontal cablepush 9,5kgx L/R=8/10, 10/11, 8/9 reps
    Notes
    Singels not stronger but the rest of the session was good, got my reps and can raise 1/2kg next time.
    Had a neibor from a house close mine come by. Hes 73yo, I gave him the SSBBT book and he has read half the squat chapter in one week, Im amazed. So I ordered a light junior Ohio bar from Rouge. Today we did the bench, he is a yoga guy, very scared of getting hurt, so we are very conservative with the weights 25kgx5x3 no problem. Today I also gave him the instructive dvd with Rip. Its amazing, he doesnt have a mobile phone or computor in the house.