Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1907

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    21/10-18 sunday
    Squat
    97,5kgx5x3
    This took some effort, after the second set I was done, after 10min rest I smoked the third set. Used my tubow to get the knees in position, filmed the first set and noticed I was fairly high, not much, just about parallell for the two last reps. I need to work on my depth when tired.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    I need to work on my depth when tired.
    In my own case, and for many others (maybe not you too) "Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    In my own case, and for many others (maybe not you too) "Fatigue makes cowards of us all."
    Probably for me to, but its hard to admit. Its like a kind of automatic safety behavior from fear of failing. Maybe a coach could help, but in my basement, far away from everything, its only some spiders and earwigs? keeping me company.

For what it's worth, there is failing and there is failing.

Failing in a deadlift has relatively few consequences if you let go before a form breakdown or overload overtaxes your back.

Failing in a bench press, while potentially fatal, is pretty rare outcome. Usually a painful and humiliating roll of the bar down the torso. Then explaining to the Significant Other what those bruises and knurling marks came from. Ask me how I know this. Better yet, don't. The tongue lashing I got frizzled my ears so badly I haven't had to trim my ear hair since my 30's. DB is half Polish and half Swedish. When a Baltic woman cuts loose on you, it is not easily forgotten. Must be something in the water table.

Failing in a squat, even with safety bars abso-FUCKING!-lutely terrified me.

For what it's worth, there is failing and there is failing.

Failing in a deadlift has relatively few consequences if you let go before a form breakdown or overload overtaxes your back.

Failing in a bench press, while potentially fatal, is pretty rare outcome. Usually a painful and humiliating roll of the bar down the torso. Then explaining to the Significant Other what those bruises and knurling marks came from. Ask me how I know this. Better yet, don't. The tongue lashing I got frizzled my ears so badly I haven't had to trim my ear hair since my 30's. DB is half Polish and half Swedish. When a Baltic woman cuts loose on you, it is not easily forgotten. Must be something in the water table.

Failing in a squat, even with safety bars abso-FUCKING!-lutely terrified me.
    As you probably know I had my fair share of swedish women, I live there, and I had a loved one from Finland, Bless her memory, And she was absolutely terrifying whenever I tried some false move. She used a mix of finnish/swedish harsh words, so I just understod half of it and to underscore, some mean boxing technic to give me what I had coming,

I really agree about squat fail, so when it happens I never do it if I just got over halfway up, I only permit failing just above the spotterarms, and very gently, dont want to spoil my eleiko competition bar. Its very motivating to realize that failing is not an option, Im sorry DL doesnt have the same rule.

23/10-18 tuesday
    Press
    40kgx4x3
    Then 2minrest
    37,5x4,3
    35x4,5
    32,5x5x2
    30x8
    Im always so lame and weak in this lift. But thats no option to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    As you probably know I had my fair share of swedish women, I live there, and I had a loved one from Finland, Bless her memory, And she was absolutely terrifying whenever I tried some false move. She used a mix of finnish/swedish harsh words, so I just understod half of it and to underscore, some mean boxing technic to give me what I had coming,
    Sorry for your loss. But the Finns, like the Poles, are not to be taken lightly. As the Russians can affirm.

25/10-18 thursday
    Squat
    100kgx3,4,5
    Felt a little leg fatigue today
    I pushed myself to grind for each set one rep more.

starting strength coach development program
    Sorry for your loss. But the Finns, like the Poles, are not to be taken lightly. As the Russians can affirm.
    Yes, but they will never admit to it in public