starting strength gym
Page 105 of 191 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1907

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    9/12 -18 sunday
    No squatting today did Concept rower for 20minutes instead.
    Pain and aches left knee, right hip and low back. So I skipped squat and recover until tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    4/12-18 tuesday
    Press
    41kgx3,3,4
    Just maintenance day, Im wrecked, pain everywhere,need rest but I dont want it. It sucks getting old. By the way 67 birthday today.
    Happy birthday.
    I hope I can still be lifting into my 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    6/12 -18 thursday

Notes
    Been having awful pain in left leg since last squat.
    Feels like some nerve muscle problem from hip to foot. Maybe some sciatic thing or just bad form.
    If it hurts walking and even laying in bed then it's definitely a sciatica problem.
    I have this and it has destroyed my progress, even 65kg squats gives me pain.

Quote Originally Posted by positronbomb View Post
    If it hurts walking and even laying in bed then it's definitely a sciatica problem.
    I have this and it has destroyed my progress, even 65kg squats gives me pain.
    Bad luck, I hope can train around it, as they say. Sometimes just walking helps me, I usually never go for walks. Anyway lets not give up and instead find a way to at least keep training and eventually it might get better. Good luck P-bomb!

After about 3 miles of walking the pain almost disappears.
    Hot baths seem to help too.
    It's getting better, although I'm not sure whether I should be completely resting the area or trying to exercise through it.
    Every time the spine is loaded the pain returns, but it is improving, just bloody slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by positronbomb View Post
    After about 3 miles of walking the pain almost disappears.
    Hot baths seem to help too.
    It's getting better, although I'm not sure whether I should be completely resting the area or trying to exercise through it.
    Every time the spine is loaded the pain returns, but it is improving, just bloody slowly.
    Thats a good sign, take care, better to be safe than sorry. I decided to be safe today. Im taking a rest from training. Maybe thursday be next time for me.

13/12 thursday
    Recovering day, still kneepain and the usual stress heading for christmas and my retirement, I feel older every day now[emoji6]

15-16/12 weekend
    No training, I decided to take some more days off due to my knee and hip pain, it is slowly getting better, I think the lesson from this is to respect my signs of bad recovery and dont take to much chances with the weights when Im getting up to pr weights. Still I need to push on, its a delicate bisniss[emoji1594]

31/12-18 monday
    Press in kg
    20x5x2
    25x5
    30x5
    32,5x5
    35x5
    Rower
    10min
    Three weeks off and Starting again. Knee and hip feeling better. My latest analys is overtrained connective tissue.
    I need to do light days when the big lifts, squat is my favorite, get up to pr level. Now also my workhours has gone down from 100% to around 20-50% pension is kicking in. So more rest, less stress more recoverysleep and trainingtime. That I hope will get my DL up, eventually.

starting strength coach development program
    1/1-19 tuesday
    Squat in kg
    20x5x2
    40x5
    60x5
    70x5
    Just warming up after three weeks off, little pain in left hamstring, no problem, knee ok.
    Bench in kg
    20x10
    30x5
    40x5
    50x5
    6 month since last bench so Im just warming up. Left anterior shoulder low grade pain. I hope its just a minor geezer problem.