starting strength gym
Page 145 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1907

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You have kept your economy running so I read. But you didn't really isolate old people as I understand it.

What irritates me at 74 is that in our State, at least, they've tried a forced isolation of everyone. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    You have kept your economy running so I read. But you didn't really isolate old people as I understand it.

What irritates me at 74 is that in our State, at least, they've tried a forced isolation of everyone. It's ridiculous.
    At first our chief epidemiologist was critizised heavily. As time has passed he is now some kind of idol and Superman. I think the balance between our availability of and need for intensive care is good. At the same time a trust from government in peoples sense of responsibility to each other. Early on the message was that people are going to die, please help your neigbours to survive. Keep distance, wash hands, cover your face when coughing and try to work from home, dont wisit your old folks. But even then people die. I hope our national strategy will be good enough. Our economy is hurting, at the same time we have a good and solid economy in sweden with a social democratic goverment, backed by the parties in opposition different supportplans are on their way. These are trying times, so far none of my relatives and friends has been ill or passed away. How are you doing carson?

Frustrated with what I perceive too be too many restrictions. But we wear a mask in shops because it's a mandate in a country that prides itself. An alarming number of people have been thrown out of work and we expect that many of the businesses will not survive the shut downs.
    There are protests in some state capitals. There certainly have been in our state capital. It's a sign that freedom is not completely dead.
    Personally, we have no illnesses. I will need a little dental work when we finally get out of this. I have not lifted a barbell in several weeks. Instead we keep up with the techniques by lifting make shift weights.
    Our coach is trying his best to keep us going but I think his business is suffering greatly. I don't know if it will survive. I am his first client.

Are you OK,no updates in a while. Hope your well.

Thank you Jerry and Carson interesting times in sweden, Im ok my family is ok, some younger friends got the corona but seem to manage so far. No training in a long while, lot of work with my new boat and at the same time I work extra about 15-20 hour a week, need the money and its fun. Im about to do the last work on the boat and then Im planning to start training again. I hope you all are doing well and that your training in some way. See you soon.

Report from a lazy old man, still no Corona, happy for that. Up in the north and working with the cutting of grass and fixing the house. Hot as hell, 32celsius. The beach is nice here in the north, very little people. Planning to go home in a week. Then out to test my boat and myself sailing for a couple of days for the first time. My training is suspended for a couple of month more. Hope you all old farts is doing ok and I wish you healthy strong lifts with lots of PRs.[emoji41]

Glad to hear your doing well and keeping busy with physical work.

Until 2 1/2 weeks ago we were limited to make shift weights like rocks in buckets a few kettle bells, etc. Since then we have been back in the gym which we now call a "clinic" so we could open a little sooner. One group must leave before the next comes in. We all wear masks and wash hands frequently and disinfect our stations. Many fussy details. We fill out a form stating that we have no symptoms and get our temperature taken before we enter.

We are all doing a modified LP. I should be back to where I was by the end of July or early August. So far no illnesses of any kind including this virus. I'm very suspicious of the extend to which we have been bossed around by the Michigan government. But we are slowly moving back towards opening up.

I'm glad to see that you are involved in some physical activity that you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Until 2 1/2 weeks ago we were limited to make shift weights like rocks in buckets a few kettle bells, etc. Since then we have been back in the gym which we now call a "clinic" so we could open a little sooner. One group must leave before the next comes in. We all wear masks and wash hands frequently and disinfect our stations. Many fussy details. We fill out a form stating that we have no symptoms and get our temperature taken before we enter.

We are all doing a modified LP. I should be back to where I was by the end of July or early August. So far no illnesses of any kind including this virus. I'm very suspicious of the extend to which we have been bossed around by the Michigan government. But we are slowly moving back towards opening up.

I'm glad to see that you are involved in some physical activity that you enjoy.
    Thanks for your thorough answer, Im glad you seem to adapt to the harsh rules regarding covid-19.
    Me Im just living isolated in a farm house up north of Sweden. Doing some forest cleaning with a motorsaw.
    But its mostly raining every day, so most of the time Im reading and playing my guitar or taking tours with the car. This is one place ive been.

starting strength coach development program
    Sounds like the ideal place to avoid Covid. I'm sure you can find some ways to train using body weight exercises, and find some rocks or logs to lift if your so inclined to.