starting strength gym
Page 152 of 191 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1907

Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am glad for you to get your workouts in. At our age that's worth something. I have postponed a workout twice. Bacterial ear infection in both ears. Shit!

Are you keeping the protein intake up as you were talking about earlier this week? I have had mixed results with protein powder as far as it mixing with no clumps even in a blender. As far as meat protein I just learned how to make chicken fried steak as Mark R. demonstrated on a video. Turned out damn good. Do you have it there in Sweden? Is it called schnitzel there?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    I am glad for you to get your workouts in. At our age that's worth something. I have postponed a workout twice. Bacterial ear infection in both ears. Shit!

Are you keeping the protein intake up as you were talking about earlier this week? I have had mixed results with protein powder as far as it mixing with no clumps even in a blender. As far as meat protein I just learned how to make chicken fried steak as Mark R. demonstrated on a video. Turned out damn good. Do you have it there in Sweden? Is it called schnitzel there?
    Bacteria in ear is bad, I hope you can get some penicillin in these days?
    For the lifting Im happy, and this blogg helps me keep my motivation up.
    I think I heard R. Santana suggest that a change in diet can benefit from doing a little change now and then over a longer time. So thats my proteinplan. So Im on a testrun.
    When it comes to protein I have similar experience, lumps and taste shit, and stomach gets annoyed. Thats why I bought a expensive brand with hydrolysed whey isolate ”Optimum Nutrition”
    I do double portions 60-65gr as a meal between meals. I can say it mixes nicely, taste is ok, and stomach is ok, Its adapting.
    My next change will be going from 200gr cooked meat to 300gr on evening meal. Now Im also working on my first meal, now Im doing 4eggs, with some bread. That protein meal needs to double, I think, so I bought liquide eggwhite. So then I will do three intake (meals)a day. What do you do for protein intake?

Default 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

And Fred, by the way, we do call them schnitzels, german dish I think. Often served with green peas, fried potato and a slice of lemon on the top. Havent tried doing them, but will try the Ripway. I will, but first I must buy a meathammer.
    Last edited by 57bergstrm; 11-22-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Bacteria in ear is bad, I hope you can get some penicillin in these days?

When it comes to protein I have similar experience, lumps and taste shit, and stomach gets annoyed. Thats why I bought a expensive brand with hydrolysed whey isolate ”Optimum Nutrition”

What do you do for protein intake?
    I have been reading this morning about CIPRO which is what the doctor prescribed. It has warnings about tendon damage while and after taking it...not good.

I have not tried ON protein but it sounds worth a try. I eat meat, eggs and dairy for protein and probably do not get enough but my lifts are progressing.

I have been reading this morning about CIPRO which is what the doctor prescribed. It has warnings about tendon damage while and after taking it...not good.

I have not tried ON protein but it sounds worth a try. I eat meat, eggs and dairy for protein and probably do not get enough but my lifts are progressing.
    I saw Rip comment on Cipro in the latest ”Best of the week” from the SsBlog. Not so good, you better talk to your doctor.
    Its really a hard work to stuff all that protein into the mouth. But I decided to try it for as long as it works. I noticed that protein helps when Im sore. As do painkillers [emoji106]

Tuesday
    24/11-20
    Squat LB
    80kgx5x3
    Bench
    69kgx5x3
    Squat is beginning to feel heavy and I get windy. Bench ok, but Im beginning to need my rest between sets, for squat to.

Changed to Azithromycin. No more Cipro. I only took 4 tablets before I stopped. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...nj4t9Y46HDmyzX

Tuesday
    24/11-20
    Squat LB
    80kgx5x3
    Bench
    69kgx5x3
    Squat is beginning to feel heavy and I get windy. Bench ok, but Im beginning to need my rest between sets, for squat to.

I think that squats are the best overall exercise. Now that's just my opinion but they to me are a lot harder to do than deadlifts. So just keep on doing what you are doing because us old farts need them. I rest whatever time I need to between sets. I would not worry about rest periods as you just want to make your planned sets and reps. Just don't let your muscles cool off too much.

I been to Oslo, the norwegian capital. Almost as cool Lillehammer, norway is really a wilderness, not many people living there.
    I have a Roku tv and it has an app that has a station that shows a train with a camera on the engine facing forward all through Norway. You are correct it looks like a whole lot of forest between stops with not many houses or people. Almost never sunny and when it is the sun is real low in the sky.

starting strength coach development program
    Changed to Azithromycin. No more Cipro. I only took 4 tablets before I stopped. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...nj4t9Y46HDmyzX
    Thats a good thing , we masters need to stay free from bad things like tendon damage!