• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Tuesday
    19/1-20
    Press
    44kgx5
    40kgx5x4
    New program more volume and for me not so bonebreaking hard as 3x5.

The protein is something I need to pay more attention to probably.

Your new program looks interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    The protein is something I need to pay more attention to probably.

Your new program looks interesting?
    The hardest is to gulp down 60+ gr of powder with some creatin. I found some yoghurt and a little oats just before the protein makes my stomach much happier. I do that between my two headmeals. Good luck with that one!

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    The hardest is to gulp down 60+ gr of powder with some creatin. I found some yoghurt and a little oats just before the protein makes my stomach much happier. I do that between my two headmeals. Good luck with that one!
    My stomach would probably be churning with that much at once. Good luck with your new program. It looks like lower intensity and more volume. Hope that does not make for soreness.

My stomach would probably be churning with that much at once. Good luck with your new program. It looks like lower intensity and more volume. Hope that does not make for soreness.
    Thanks, yes lesser intensity, and more volume, I might tweak it against more intensity. But its a 3week program. So wait and see. Regarding protein, Start with a smaller dose and use quality protein, if you decide to try that Cure.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    The hardest is to gulp down 60+ gr of powder with some creatin. I found some yoghurt and a little oats just before the protein makes my stomach much happier.
    I top up my breakfast porridge (45g steel cutted oats + 15g oat flakes) every morning with nice scoop of protein (~35g choko or vanilla flavor) and teaspoon of creatine. Vanilla as sweeter flavor covers up nicely the tint of bitterness from creatine. Yoghurt and even full fat milk work definitely better in shake than plain water, in concern of stomach friendliness. Yet again, these are very individual preferences: what ever works for you, go for it.

For the press I would rather add weight and squeeze the 15 reps in total in reasonable time (15-20min) than introduce more volume. Scandinavian bones can handle it for sure!
    Last edited by BMW-Fahrer; 01-20-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW-Fahrer View Post
    I top up my breakfast porridge (45g steel cutted oats + 15g oat flakes) every morning with nice scoop of protein (~35g choko or vanilla flavor) and teaspoon of creatine. Vanilla as sweeter flavor covers up nicely the tint of bitterness from creatine. Yoghurt and even full fat milk work definitely better in shake than plain water, in concern of stomach friendliness. Yet again, these are very individual preferences: what ever works for you, go for it.

For the press I would rather add weight and squeeze the 15 reps in total in reasonable time (15-20min) than introduce more volume. Scandinavian bones can handle it for sure!
    Well not sure about that feels like old fragile bones. [emoji3061]
    Yep, just stuff it in, no mercy, belly like beerkeg.
    Today I did a 3x5@102,5kg squat so NLP is still going, but this one was a bone crusher. Om Happy [emoji2] and content.

Saturday
    23/1-21
    Bench
    76kgx5x3
    Tied PR
    From -17
    Time for some more protein and some rest on the couch.

Two thumbs up!! Looks like you are ready for a bench pr.

I am giving the ON protein you suggested a try. So far so good. Taste better mixed with milk instead of water but I can handle both. I feel like I can get enough protein now.

starting strength coach development program
    Two thumbs up!! Looks like you are ready for a bench pr.

I am giving the ON protein you suggested a try. So far so good. Taste better mixed with milk instead of water but I can handle both. I feel like I can get enough protein now.
    Yes milk is always better. I use water and eat some yoghurt or fruit. Hope it helps get your numbers up. It surely has helped me recover and push on, so far. How big portions do you take?