Thread: 57bergstrm an elderly beginner log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    24/1-21
    Sunday
    DL
    137,5kgx3
    I held back and did a triple. My last squatsession was a little to much for me and my knee. Some pain in right knee and a feeling exhausted the whole weekend. Could probably done a fiverep. But I chosed to play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    How big portions do you take?
    So far a scoop in a cup (8 oz.) of milk 2 or 3 times a day. I just started yesterday and haven't really got a plan. Fukn taste almost too good. It must have a lot of sweetners in it. I hope it helps.

24/1-21
    Sunday
    DL
    137,5kgx3
    I held back and did a triple. My last squatsession was a little to much for me and my knee. Some pain in right knee and a feeling exhausted the whole weekend. Could probably done a fiverep. But I chosed to play it safe.
    Those 3x5's at load are a bitch/kitty as someone on here said one time. Particularly for us older gents and ladies. This is what Rip referred to as to sometimes being a lot to recover from as we age.

"Advice like "when in doubt do less." - Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    So far a scoop in a cup (8 oz.) of milk 2 or 3 times a day. I just started yesterday and haven't really got a plan. Fukn taste almost too good. It must have a lot of sweetners in it. I hope it helps.
    Yes I hope it does, I do two scoops between meals once a day.
    If not eat more protein with the meals. I must say that this eating protein makes me full all the time, I nearly never have any cravings for candy, chips and junkfood.

Those 3x5's at load are a bitch/kitty as someone on here said one time. Particularly for us older gents and ladies. This is what Rip referred to as to sometimes being a lot to recover from as we age.

"Advice like "when in doubt do less." - Priceless
    Thats something to consider, I have to keep an eye on the basics or I risk getting astray.

Yes I hope it does, I do two scoops between meals once a day.
    If not eat more protein with the meals. I must say that this eating protein makes me full all the time, I nearly never have any cravings for candy, chips and junkfood.
    So it sounds like 2 scoops a day for you. I will try that. I need help with the chips. They are my down fall other than at Christmas and I love Christmas cookies and pies.

Thats something to consider, I have to keep an eye on the basics or I risk getting astray.

I thought that you were starting a different program with one top set and then back off sets?

So it sounds like 2 scoops a day for you. I will try that. I need help with the chips. They are my down fall other than at Christmas and I love Christmas cookies and pies.
    Cookies and pies is yummy

I thought that you were starting a different program with one top set and then back off sets?
    Slowly tweaking, dont know where it ends, triples and fives in mix. By the way Im following your blog but it doesnt show for me in the blog stream.
    Good lifting!

starting strength coach development program
    Good lifting!
    Thanks