starting strength gym
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff's Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamjd2 View Post
    Last dead rep was 295x1

If you're having trouble with pulling, you're likely getting to the point where recovery may take longer than a couple days. Might be good to consider switching to once a week.

Yeah I've been thinking about that. May just do them on Mondays from now on. I was definitely rushing too and squats tore me up today so I think that was a factor as well. Plus my vagina has been itching...

Default Jeff's Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by grahamjd2 View Post
    Yeah I've been thinking about that. May just do them on Mondays from now on. I was definitely rushing too and squats tore me up today so I think that was a factor as well. Plus my vagina has been itching...
    Taking creatine will help with all of this.
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=37298
    Last edited by NtG; 10-30-2014 at 06:05 AM.

BW: 220

So I'm 6 weeks into the program and can honestly see some changes in physique. I'm starting to fill out a little bit , both upper and lower body. My body weight is up ten pounds and my waist size has gotten a little smaller so I'm confident this is muscle mass. I really need to start focusing more on nutrition. My diet is reasonably clean but it needs to increase drastically in both calories and protein. If I focus more on this I think the gains will keep coming during the LP phase.

Good workout today. really starting to feel comfortable under a decent amount of weight on squats. Still plenty of quality improvement measures left to battle however. I think I could have hit 195 on bench if I had a spot.

Squats bar, 95x3, 135x3, 185x2, 225x1, 240x5x3

Bench bar, 95x3, 135x2, 185x1, 195x4x2

Cleans bar, 95x3, 135x2, 155x3x3

Thanks for reading. Any tips are definitely appreciated. I'm going to try to get some more videos up soon.

Austin here, found ya and subscribed to your log to follow along. Looks like Nate has been guiding you pretty well so far.
    Keep up the good work, you have NO IDEA how much of a beast you can become at your (growing) size. Squeeze every bit of progress you can out of the remainder of 4th year, and take advantage of the knowledge available on these forums (e.g. nutrition subforum, To be a beast, coaches' Q&A for form checks, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    Austin here, found ya and subscribed to your log to follow along. Looks like Nate has been guiding you pretty well so far.
    Keep up the good work, you have NO IDEA how much of a beast you can become at your (growing) size. Squeeze every bit of progress you can out of the remainder of 4th year, and take advantage of the knowledge available on these forums (e.g. nutrition subforum, To be a beast, coaches' Q&A for form checks, etc.).

Dude just ordered some shoes.

So I've been pumped to get to the gym since Saturday thanks to a weekend filled with training advice. Squats started off strong. I'm still having issues with my elbow, so I changed up hand positions on the bar. Couldn't really find anything comfortable though. I've also started putting my bar lower on my back and I don't think I'm completely used to this either. Sometimes it feels pretty loose. Overall still feeling strong and hopefully I'll hit my second goal of 250 on Wednesday. Pretty stoked about this.

I got a little aggressive with press today. It subsequently chewed me up and spit me out laughing all the while. So definitely having form issues here. My hip action seems to be appropriate from the rip videos but I almost always end up on my toes. I'm guessing that I'm not doing a good job getting back under the bar?

Deads felt great. Odd considering I failed on my fourth rep. I used hook grip up to 275 and alternate at 325. I don't know if it was the bar or maybe my grip is weak, but I could not for the life of me hold on to that bar. The strength was there no doubt. I almost dropped the bar from mid thigh on fourth rep. I'm sneaking chalk into this place from now on-- screw it.

Squats bar, 95x3, 135x2, 185x1, 225x1, 245x5x3

Press bar, 55x3, 65x2, 95x1, 135x3, 135x2 failed on 3, 125x3

Deads bar, 135x3, 185x2, 225x1, 275x1, 325x3 failed at 75% on four

Thanks for reading guys.

Jeffro

BW: 219.5. What the hell!!!

You are gaining muscles. When you are 25 and as tall as you are 219.5 isn't particularly heavy. I know of people who are your height who weigh a good deal more than you but they have muscles on top of muscles. I know some who don't weigh as much who are full of fluff.

starting strength coach development program
    Training hook grip can be tricky. In all likelihood, it was that your arms were more fatigued than they're used to because of this, and ultimately did not help you on the workset. There's definitely a place for hook grip, but be cautious in going all out with it at first. Like most things in what we do, gradual progression driving adaptation is what we are aiming for.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast