Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Unoriginally Named SS Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Pulled a single DL PR at the Lodge

DL 1 x 1 x 314

Mon 12/15/14

5 Months of pretty solid lifting, only missed two or three days, and those were due to being out of town.

I'm now about where I was at the end of October when I hurt my back. The back is feeling much more solid now, think I've fixed some form issues.

Last weeks squats almost killed me. I was worried about todays since they were getting so hard, but a couple days rest really helped I think.

Squat

290 x 3 x 5. Bug on my arm the last set. I looked over at it on the 3rd or 4th rep and almost lost the weight. Dumb! This ties my PR

OHP

117 x 3, 4, 5. First set just didn't pump up enough. Form sucked on all my sets. I pushed through though and did one more each set. The last one on set 3 you almost couldn't call a press, but I got it up to extension. 117, Press PR!

Deadlift.

300 x 1 x 5. If I didn't do that 315 single on Friday I bet I would have never got this off the ground. As a matter of fact, I tried and it didn't fucking budge, but I just went right at it again, making sure my weight was over the center of my feet and it came up. Horrible form on rep 1, the rest were OK. A 5 rep PR, woot.

I've been using DOH up to the 235 warm up set, then switching to hook and guess what, I haven't died.
    Last edited by mweitz; 12-15-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Good job. It's really nice to see your progression

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Good job. It's really nice to see your progression
    Thanks!

It's sort of funny. I don't really expect anyone to read this, lol.

Here's to hoping today's squats don't crush me under the bar.

Wed 12/17/14

2 good nights sleep. Started tracking sleep via a sleep app so I can be more aware of the sleep / lift relationship. 8 hours of pretty good sleep both nights. One nap yesterday, about 30 min.

Cleans. OK, these really sucked. I'll redo 110 next time, and work on my form. At least I remembered to do them first this time, LOL.

110 x 5 x 3

Bench. Warm-ups felt OK. When I got to the last rep it was a bit sketchy. I don't have a spot so racked it. Second set was the same. On the third set I just said fuck it and went for the 5th. It was ugly, but I made it. I'll redo 167 on Monday and KILL IT!

167 x 4, 4, 5. Another little PR

Squat. I've been moving up 2# a workout the last few days. My previous max was 290 on 10/31 and I hit that on Monday. I was going to do 292 today, but the warm up sets all felt light so I went for 295. First set was good, 2nd and 3rd were a bit sketchy, but I'll go up 2# on Wed. Some minor lower back pain on the last 2 sets.

295 x 3 x 5 PR, Woot!

Brutal day today. Very bad sleep the last 2 nights, and I spent most of yesterday in bed trying to recover. I think spending a day in bed really fucks up my back, as it was "tweaky" last night and today.

Squat. I REALLY just wanted to skip these. Wed were to fucking hard, and I was tired, but I did em.

297 x 3 x 5. Another squat PR. These were both hard as hell and not as bad as I was anticipating, though the back pain was certainly still there.

Press. WTF. My press went to hell. Elbows and shoulders hurt from squatting. This was my worst press day ever.

117 x 1 x 2, failed

dropped to 105

105 x 1 x 4, FUCK ME

105 x 1 x 5.

Dead lift, shooting for 305 x 1 x 5

Couldn't break 275 off the floor. After 3 attempts, decided to have some lunch and ponder.

Monday 12/22/14

These were hard. I'm a little high (a lot high). Got a form check going on technique so we can get an evaluation on the first 2 sets. I have some minor back pain today from last week. Have some stuff to do this am so got squats out of the way and will do Bench and Deads later.

It was almost torture to unrack each set ...

Squat

300 x 2 x 5 Here is set 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMVG...ature=youtu.be
    300 x 1 x 3

At Lodge in afternoon

Bench

167 x 3 x 5

Skipped DL, back was a little sore. Will do them Wed
    Last edited by mweitz; 12-23-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Tough week for lifting. Kids are home so it was difficult to keep on any schedule; food, sleep or lifting.

Wed 12-23-14

Squat 300 x 3
    Not good, will not squat at home till I get a rack. Almost fell forward with the full bar.

Press

117 x 5, 4, 4

DL

Missed 305. Didn't do any working sets.

Friday 12-26-14

Missed workout, went to Sacramento to get:

Squat Rack
    Ivanko Bar
    Best Belt
    250# Iron
    Nice weight tree
    15 and 30# dumbbells

starting strength coach development program
    Sat 12-27-14

Squat. Almost fell on the second set. Just saved it. I'm going to have to figure out how to keep my head down.

http://youtu.be/yMCIuE5UuAY

300 x 5,4,4

Bench

169 x 3 x 4

DL. Couldn't do 305 again. Dropped to 295. Hurt my back. Need to do a form check.

295 x 1 x 4

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast