Milk and Squats: What's Best in Life Milk and Squats: What's Best in Life - Page 12

starting strength gym
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 156

Thread: Milk and Squats: What's Best in Life

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    157

    Default

    • wichita falls texas june seminar date
    • texas starting strength seminar september 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomac View Post
    Squat: 365x5x3 Pr. Really dreading this as I put the 25s on. Reminded myself I did 360 and then it wasn't so bad.
    I do this, too. I usually grab a weight that is the same as my incremental increase -- in your case, a 5-lb weight. Then I lift it, throw it around, maybe even squat with it and think about how insignificant it is. For a squat I would think about all of the muscle groups I can recruit to move that insignificant extra weight. Then i do my set.

    Probably overkill but it works for me!

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    I do this, too. I usually grab a weight that is the same as my incremental increase -- in your case, a 5-lb weight. Then I lift it, throw it around, maybe even squat with it and think about how insignificant it is. For a squat I would think about all of the muscle groups I can recruit to move that insignificant extra weight. Then i do my set.

    Probably overkill but it works for me!
    This is much healthier than what I do.

    I load up all of my weight and stare at it in dread.

    Then I'll pace back and forth on the platform sipping water and looking at my flexed/unflexed triceps in the mirror and reflect on my previous squats until I've noticed an absurd amount of time has passed. Then I get under the bar and squat. This is unique to the squat and no other lifts qualify as a Significant Emotional Event.

    I'll give your method a try and let you know how it goes

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomac View Post
    This is much healthier than what I do.

    I load up all of my weight and stare at it in dread.

    Then I'll pace back and forth on the platform sipping water and looking at my flexed/unflexed triceps in the mirror and reflect on my previous squats until I've noticed an absurd amount of time has passed. Then I get under the bar and squat. This is unique to the squat and no other lifts qualify as a Significant Emotional Event.

    I'll give your method a try and let you know how it goes
    Hahaha, I enjoyed this.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    190

    Default

    28APR15
    Felt really blue on Monday and Tuesday. Feeling a lot better and more confident today.

    Light Squat: 295x5x3

    Bench: 275x5x5 Pr. My front delt (very top of my bicep?) was pretty sore going into the 4th and 5th set.

    Chins: 10x5 or 6.

    My front delts on bench sets 3, 4, and 5 respectively:

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    north of north
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomac View Post
    I'm enrolling myself and my wife into the next jazzercise class they offer.
    Keep your log updated with this please.
    [/quote]Bench: 270x5x5 Pr. Paused the last rep like a retard and almost won the darwin award.[/quote]
    HA.
    Big 5x5 Shane.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afatgoat View Post
    Keep your log updated with this please.
    Bench: 270x5x5 Pr. Paused the last rep like a retard and almost won the darwin award.
    HA.
    Big 5x5 Shane.
    I'll definelty post any Jazzercise enrollment on my log. No secret fun here lol, so don't you worry.

    And I might do 4x8 or 8x2 or something the next time I'm feeling adventurous. I've been listening to powercast ever since you've mentioned it and I like it a lot so thanks.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    190

    Default

    30APR15

    Squat: 370x5x3 Pr. Set 1, Set 2, Set 3. Set 1 I think was a bad angle and was just as deep as the other ones.

    Press: 185x 5, 5, 4, 3, 4. Recorded these because I don't know if I'm pushing some of the reps. Please ignore my retarded duck/fish facial expressions. Will do again next press day or microload 2 lbs. Might post on technique because of some knee bend.

    Deadlift: 415x5

    Isolation Stuff
    Lateral Raise: 30x10x5
    Curls: 75x10x5

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomac View Post
    30APR15

    Squat: 370x5x3 Pr. Set 1, Set 2, Set 3. Set 1 I think was a bad angle and was just as deep as the other ones.

    Press: 185x 5, 5, 4, 3, 4. Recorded these because I don't know if I'm pushing some of the reps. Please ignore my retarded duck/fish facial expressions. Will do again next press day or microload 2 lbs. Might post on technique because of some knee bend.

    Deadlift: 415x5

    Isolation Stuff
    Lateral Raise: 30x10x5
    Curls: 75x10x5
    strong stuff man.

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    strong stuff man.
    Thanks

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    190

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    05MAY15

    Squat: 375x5x3

    Bench: 280x5x4, 3

    Chins: 10x5

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •