starting strength gym
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Milk and Squats: What's Best in Life

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomac View Post
    29MAY15
    Taking my supps again and eating. Accidentally lost 3 lbs. My new BCAAs smell like floury ass.

Squat: 380x5x3. Working back up from this. Easy and encouraging.

Press: 185x3, 180x3, 175x5x3, 165x8.

Powerclean and press: 185x3x5. Pressing all 3 reps winded me, so I usually just pressed the last rep or two. I might press stronger looking straight forward and beltless.
    Nice to see you back up and at 'em. Nice work.

Have you tried Xtend? Kind of expensive, but the green apple flavor tastes amazing. I would drink it even if it didn't have BCAAs in it, it's that good. I love my BCAAs, though, and never work out without them.

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Nice to see you back up and at 'em. Nice work.

Have you tried Xtend? Kind of expensive, but the green apple flavor tastes amazing. I would drink it even if it didn't have BCAAs in it, it's that good. I love my BCAAs, though, and never work out without them.
    I know it tastes good, and that Jordan recommends it, but it is a little expensive. I use plain BCAAs from Bulk Supplements so that buying HMB is less painful. I swear BS BCAA's smell and texture is different (read: worse) than the last time I bought them. Maybe this batch was harvested from toenails.

01JUN15
    Eating more, but not at 4000 yet. Thank God for milk and eggs.

Bench: 280x4.5, 275x5,5,5,3

Squat: 385x5x3. Didn't record but I know my form was bad. No hip drive and I'm surprised my lumbar didn't complain at all.

Bodyweight utilized bicep pumps: 10, 10, 10, 7, 7

Ate 300 grams of carbs so far today because there are starving people in Panama City

Nice going, mate! Look at these numbers! Time to add weight to these
    Bodyweight utilized bicep pumps: 10, 10, 10, 7, 7
    ? We don't want to see ya slackin'!
    Last edited by peez; 06-02-2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Added brilliant afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomac View Post
    I know it tastes good, and that Jordan recommends it, but it is a little expensive. I use plain BCAAs from Bulk Supplements
    I put a squirt of Mio or a similar product in my BCAA mix. Makes it much better, and still way cheaper than Xtend.

Ate 300 grams of carbs so far today because there are starving people in Panama City

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    I put a squirt of Mio or a similar product in my BCAA mix. Makes it much better, and still way cheaper than Xtend.
    This is a good idea; I may give it a try. I have been looking into ways to bring my monthly supplement costs down.

starting strength coach development program
    Considered making a new thread because a lot has changed over this 2 year gap, but that would mean Id have 2 Novice threads. That would be silly.

Shane
    Male / 28
    200 lbs

Weight (lbs) x Sets x Reps

Currently recovering from fasting for nearly 90 days. Don't ever let anyone convince you to do this. From 200 lbs I withered to 140 lbs and had some nerve damage in my left hand. I looked like a skeleton.

One month later, Im back at my previous weight but it definitely isn't all muscle. The grip in my left hand is awful. I am progressing very quickly though with jumps of 10-15-20 lbs per workout.

Currently working out from home with the equipment I have here. I don't have squat stands, but I do have a bench. So until I set aside enough denaro to buy squat stands, almost all of my lifts will start from the floor.

04SEP17

Front Squat (from floor)
    165x5x3
    Hardest part about these is getting the bar on my shoulders. Looking back at my previous posts and the trouble I've had with the PC, as long as my PC is progressing with my FS like it has been, I can live with my squat load being held back a little. I hope the PC can keep up for a while.

Bench:
    200x5x3

Deadlift:
    300x5
    Supine grip. My left hand was hanging on for dear life. Fingers were keeping me from cracking the concrete. At 300 pounds.

Chins: 3,3,3

Food and sleep have helped my nerves tremendously over the past month. Looking at suplimenting with B6 and B12 for my CNS specifically (if that would help).

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516