starting strength gym
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Milk and Squats: What's Best in Life

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    18APR15
    Gym was closed during my free hours. Paid $10 and went to a local gym for the day.

Squat: 350x5x5 Pr. I felt great under the bar and I have an extra rest day after this, so I added more volume. If I've overtrained then I suppose I deserve it.

Bench: 270x4x2, 265x4, 260x4. I can't get the 5th rep. I might have to deload this. Was going to add more volume and then sleep for 12 hours but I hurt my neck on the 4th set (not really sure how). Did dips to make up for this.

Chins: 10x5

Dips: 15x3

Calories are at 4500 now. Planning to sleep a lot tonight. I hope my aforementioned supplements are enough to keep me from being overtrained.

21APR15

Squat: 355x5x3 Pr. Really tight hamstrings during warmup

Press: 175x5x5.

Deadlift: 405x5

Isolation stuff
    LR: 30x8x5
    BB Curls on a platform: 75x10x5

Really tired. I'm going to sleep very well tonight

Also: getting dunked in water to measure body fat tomorrow. Might get my metobolic rate looked at, Vo2 max or whatever else they offer.
    Last edited by Shaneomac; 04-21-2015 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Body fat measuring

I'm not as fat as I thought I was: 19% BF at 220 lbs. I'm both "moderately lean" and "over weight" (borderline obesity lol) at the same time.

Did the metabolic test as well. I hated this test, I felt like I couldn't breathe for 15 minutes and had to re-do it once because my breathing was irregular. Apparently my maintenance is 3500, and my physician/doctor/personal trainer/strength coach guy recommends I eat at 3820 to gain weight, which isn't that far off of 4000. Keeping my calories at 4500 though. He gave me a strange look when I told him my target weight and current diet. He noted my lifestyle as "sedentary"

For anyone interested in my stuff and can make sense of some of these numbers:

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomac View Post
    .....He noted my lifestyle as "sedentary"

Dude - you should probably do some exercise or something. All this strength training is making you more lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    Dude - you should probably do some exercise or something. All this strength training is making you more lazy.
    I'm enrolling myself and my wife into the next jazzercise class they offer.

23APR15

Squat: 360x5x3 Pr. Recorded my last set. I was just breaking parallel and not going as deep as I usually do. My progress here might be from cutting my squat depth. I only recorded the last set so it might just be that I was getting tired. Either way I need to make sure each rep goes just as deep.

Bench: 270x5x5 Pr. Paused the last rep like a retard and almost won the darwin award.

Chins: 10x5

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomac View Post
    Bench: 270x5x5 Pr. Paused the last rep like a powerlifter and almost won the darwin award.
    Fixed. Nothing wrong with a little pause!

Nice weights, as usual. That bench is crazy good.

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Fixed. Nothing wrong with a little pause!

Nice weights, as usual. That bench is crazy good.
    Thanks!!

Bench went really well and I got overconfident. Don't think I'll be messing around on the last reps anymore that's for sure

Nice going, man! Two PRs in a row! Yeah we can all see how sedentary you are!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by peez View Post
    Nice going, man! Two PRs in a row! Yeah we can all see how sedentary you are!
    Thanks Peez

26APR15

Squat: 365x5x3 Pr. Really dreading this as I put the 25s on. Reminded myself I did 360 and then it wasn't so bad.

Press: 180x5x5 Pr. Right quad wouldn't stop cramping. I had no idea I used my quads for these. Couldn't stabilize the weight very well and my forearms got worked hard by the last set.

Power Clean: 205x1 misload, 185x3x3. My quads weren't having it. They were super tight and uncomfortable so I stopped. These didn't feel very strong and moved slow.

Cut isolation stuff and whatever else because I had to leave the gym early. Really wish I had a home gym.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast