starting strength gym
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Milk and Squats: What's Best in Life

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomac View Post
    Squat: 365x5x3 Pr. Really dreading this as I put the 25s on. Reminded myself I did 360 and then it wasn't so bad.
    I do this, too. I usually grab a weight that is the same as my incremental increase -- in your case, a 5-lb weight. Then I lift it, throw it around, maybe even squat with it and think about how insignificant it is. For a squat I would think about all of the muscle groups I can recruit to move that insignificant extra weight. Then i do my set.

Probably overkill but it works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    I do this, too. I usually grab a weight that is the same as my incremental increase -- in your case, a 5-lb weight. Then I lift it, throw it around, maybe even squat with it and think about how insignificant it is. For a squat I would think about all of the muscle groups I can recruit to move that insignificant extra weight. Then i do my set.

Probably overkill but it works for me!
    This is much healthier than what I do.

I load up all of my weight and stare at it in dread.

Then I'll pace back and forth on the platform sipping water and looking at my flexed/unflexed triceps in the mirror and reflect on my previous squats until I've noticed an absurd amount of time has passed. Then I get under the bar and squat. This is unique to the squat and no other lifts qualify as a Significant Emotional Event.

I'll give your method a try and let you know how it goes

This is much healthier than what I do.

I load up all of my weight and stare at it in dread.

Then I'll pace back and forth on the platform sipping water and looking at my flexed/unflexed triceps in the mirror and reflect on my previous squats until I've noticed an absurd amount of time has passed. Then I get under the bar and squat. This is unique to the squat and no other lifts qualify as a Significant Emotional Event.

I'll give your method a try and let you know how it goes
    Hahaha, I enjoyed this.

28APR15
    Felt really blue on Monday and Tuesday. Feeling a lot better and more confident today.

Light Squat: 295x5x3

Bench: 275x5x5 Pr. My front delt (very top of my bicep?) was pretty sore going into the 4th and 5th set.

Chins: 10x5 or 6.

My front delts on bench sets 3, 4, and 5 respectively:

I'm enrolling myself and my wife into the next jazzercise class they offer.
    Keep your log updated with this please.
    [/quote]Bench: 270x5x5 Pr. Paused the last rep like a retard and almost won the darwin award.[/quote]
    HA.
    Big 5x5 Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by afatgoat View Post
    Keep your log updated with this please.
    Bench: 270x5x5 Pr. Paused the last rep like a retard and almost won the darwin award.
    HA.
    Big 5x5 Shane.
    I'll definelty post any Jazzercise enrollment on my log. No secret fun here lol, so don't you worry.

And I might do 4x8 or 8x2 or something the next time I'm feeling adventurous. I've been listening to powercast ever since you've mentioned it and I like it a lot so thanks.

30APR15

Squat: 370x5x3 Pr. Set 1, Set 2, Set 3. Set 1 I think was a bad angle and was just as deep as the other ones.

Press: 185x 5, 5, 4, 3, 4. Recorded these because I don't know if I'm pushing some of the reps. Please ignore my retarded duck/fish facial expressions. Will do again next press day or microload 2 lbs. Might post on technique because of some knee bend.

Deadlift: 415x5

Isolation Stuff
    Lateral Raise: 30x10x5
    Curls: 75x10x5

30APR15

Squat: 370x5x3 Pr. Set 1, Set 2, Set 3. Set 1 I think was a bad angle and was just as deep as the other ones.

Press: 185x 5, 5, 4, 3, 4. Recorded these because I don't know if I'm pushing some of the reps. Please ignore my retarded duck/fish facial expressions. Will do again next press day or microload 2 lbs. Might post on technique because of some knee bend.

Deadlift: 415x5

Isolation Stuff
    Lateral Raise: 30x10x5
    Curls: 75x10x5
    strong stuff man.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    strong stuff man.
    Thanks

starting strength coach development program
    05MAY15

Squat: 375x5x3

Bench: 280x5x4, 3