starting strength gym
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Whoops, BW is now 205
    Nice man. I'm sitting at 200 too. Up from 183 back in May. Happy training.

Good workout today. I'm glad that I have two days off. re-read squat chapter... started from square one, and did my sets across at 275, and they were hard as fuck. This would mean I've de-trained a little with the break...
    however.. after my workout today.. I felt zero patellar tendonitis flare-up, no lower back pain... just tired abs and legs.. and a little nausea, presumably from reminding my CNS what the fuck hard work is.

Squats: (beltless + shoes)
    5 @ BW
    5 @ Bar
    5 @ 95
    5 @ 135
    5 @ 185
    3 @ 225
    3x5 @ 275

These presses are the ones I fucked up on the "bad" friday workout I didn't post. today I nailed them.. 3rd set was the easiest.. I think I was doing things funky in the eccentric part of the lift which was wearing me out. I may have fixed it

Press (beltless + shoes)
    5 @ Bar
    5 @ 75
    3 @ 95
    3x5 @ 117.5 (PR

Cranked out some legitimate overhand pull ups at the end. fully extended to damn near my sternum touching the bar. I know the book recommends chins because they target more muscle mass... but really, I'm not as concerned with my biceps.. I'm under the impression that overhand pulls affect more useful bits that I personally lack due to my shoulder injury.. and lack of truly STRONG grip.

Not that much.. but it took a long time. 8 min rest between sets.. and got it all done.

This video is from the last set of my squats... FYI, I did not ask to be spotted... but I had just met these fellas this evening, and settled for asking them to not touch me unless I asked.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Also, Austin and Nate, Thanks guys! I really appreciate the encouragement. Austin, Hopefully this video isn't to shitty, and I happily await your response and criticism. Apologies for wearing all black.. but as you can tell..
    few of my clothes even barely fit.. the joys of going from 165-205 in 4 months.. and also being poor. ;-)

Oh, and I get a free "belt" from a friend who has never used his that ordered on monday.. not sure the brand.. I doubt it's great.. but I also now have the money for a 13'' INZER.. which I will be ordering.. in Maroon. BAM.

Squats look fine from this angle, next time get the video from hip/knee height. And make sure you're taking a big enough breath before each rep (can't see it from the video).

Taking 4 days off is not enough for you to significantly detrain at your level, so I wouldn't worry about that (or your CNS) just yet. Just keep training - going from 165-205 in 4 months means you did the program correctly.

Thanks for the feedback, man. Also, should have posted..I'm entering into the May 23rd summer meet.
    So uh, leh' go

NICE! I don't know if I'll still be in the area at that time, but I'll be happy to help out if I am. In the meantime, you need to bench more, and some of that needs to be paused benching. At the very least, start benching 2x/wk and press the other day instead of alternating them every session.

That's right, y'all are moving out to Texas, right??
    I'm applying to grad school in Houston, and also at ASU.
    Anyway, here's my TM plan.

Monday
    Squats 5x5 @ 85% of 5rm
    Paused Bench 5x5 @ 85% of 5rm
    Pull ups(eventually weighted)

Wed
    Squats 2x5 @ 70% 5rm
    Press 3x5
    Power Cleans 5x3

Friday
    Squat 1x5
    Bench TnG 1x5
    Deads 1x5

Not sure when I'd start this.. but I figure I'd do it until about 6 weeks out from the meet and then switch to a method more focused on singles doubles and triples.

And i figure I won't need to add extra.deadlift variation s until I can pull a single.for 485-500

Yeah it's looking like San Antonio for us, which should be sweet.

And that looks pretty good for now. Push that bench work hard and see how your next couple sessions go with LP, but you'll probably be switching to that template fairly soon. And I wouldn't put an absolute number on your deadlift like that, we'll just see how it progresses before deciding whether you need any additional pulling. (And/or if you want, peruse the Programming subforum for more info).

haven't worked out yet today...

JUST POSTING ON HERE TO GET MYSELF FUCKING AMMMMMMMPED. NOT SURE HOW THIS IS GOING TO HELLLLPPP

RAH RAH, LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON.

Dat caffeine doe.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    haven't worked out yet today...

JUST POSTING ON HERE TO GET MYSELF FUCKING AMMMMMMMPED. NOT SURE HOW THIS IS GOING TO HELLLLPPP

RAH RAH, LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON.

Dat caffeine doe.
    slay the ice giants, bro

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast