starting strength gym
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam's Log

Default Adam's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just starting the log, but not just starting the program. I'm about 14 weeks deep.
    There have been times when I was following the program.. and times when I was being an idiot and not following the program. I am now trying to consistently follow the damn program.

Height: 6'0
    Weight: 201

Squats:
    1x5 @ 45
    1x5 @ 135
    1x5 @ 185
    1x3 @ 225
    1x2 @ 255 (belted)
    3x5 @ 280 (belted)

Stance seemed too wide(until coached and corrected at last workset) and breaths too shallow.

Press:
    1x5 @ 45
    1x5 @ 75
    1x5 @ 95
    (around this point in the warm up is where I received some coaching and did some singles at 95, correcting my grip width)
    2x5 @ 110
    1x5 @ 112.5

I felt enough of a gain in the strength of the movement from the technique correction that I threw some fractionals on the last set to see if I would be good to make a 5lb jump my next Press day. the last rep stalled, receded but I managed to get it to locked and shrugged without bending the knees. I might have screamed a little at the end...

Powercleans:

1x5 @ 45
    1x3 @ 95
    1x3 @ 115
    This is where I jumped a little too high on the weight.. and received some coaching and tried to make corrections.. these sets may look ADD.
    2x3 @ 152.5
    3x3 @ 135
    2x3 @ 152.2
    2x3 @ 135

Still feeling wonky on this, apparently being angry helps

finished the work out with a ton of energy...but could feel myself being far too hungry and have figured I have not been eating enough.

Also, 1 weeks on creatine and I'm just starting to notice less fatigue overall, and less time needed between sets.

I need to buy a belt.

Good to see you on here, Adam. Following along.

Looks like you are off to a solid start. Nice work! Who is coaching you? I just ask because I know Jordan is in your area.

Hey there, and thank you!

Austin is the main person coaching me when we're training. Nate and Grant are also very helpful.

BW: 200

Not so great of a day today. Technique is not where it should be on a few of my lifts. That, on top of late pay checks and a suspended drivers' license is making it hard for me to eat enough to not be hungry..let alone to grow. More McDonald's doubles with the patties combined for me I think.

Squats were the bad part of the day. I've been playing with my stance and foot angle in attempt to consistently keep my knees out. Narrowing out my stance was not the solution. Tweaked my back and my drive felt hella weak. Widened by about two inches and cranked my feet out to about 45 degrees and did some triples and doubles that felt strong and great.

Warm up
    1x5 @ 285. Low back tweak, drained

2x3 @ 225
    1x2 @ 255
    1x2 @ 275

Bench

1x5 @ 85
    1x5 @ 135
    1x2 @ 185
    2x5 @ 195
    1x4 @ 195

I had those sets if my technique wasn't screwy.. Widened my grip by about 2 inches collectively and stared st the Damn ceiling like I was supposed to on a lighter weight to get some muscle memory going for these .

2x5 @ 135

Chins 8,5,3.

Called it a day.

Oh, bench was a PR.. so I need to chill the fuck out and stop being so down on myself.
    I'm just 6'0 short torso and long legs so it's taking me longer than most to figure my own biomechanics out.
    The triple at 225 was literally the most comfortable and strongest squats ive done to date.

..I shouldn't have to deload for the back.. should be fine by monday..but still.

FUCK.

Okay, now I'm done.

Are you doing DL?

Yes. my program looks something like.

Monday

Squat
    Press
    DL

Wednesday
    Squat
    Bench
    Power Clean

Friday
    Squat
    Press
    Chins

Only posted two workouts so far.. so it hasn't popped up yet. ;-)
    Last edited by Piper; 12-13-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Glad to see you've started a log here, Adam.

starting strength coach development program
    Welcome to the forum. impressive gains is so short a time! Looks like you have a solid foundation - what other sports have you done in the past?

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast