starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be a simple kind of man SS log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I thought yesterday was going to be pretty tough. I had a flag football game on sunday and came into the gym extremely sore.

It took a couple extra warm up sets, but yesterday actually felt like the best day yet.

I am guessing that I will only be able to continue the 10lb jumps on squats through this week.

Squat 245x3x5
    Press 120x3x5
    Clean 120x5x3

I thought yesterday was going to be pretty tough. I had a flag football game on sunday and came into the gym extremely sore.

It took a couple extra warm up sets, but yesterday actually felt like the best day yet.

I am guessing that I will only be able to continue the 10lb jumps on squats through this week.

Squat 245x3x5
    Press 120x3x5
    Clean 120x5x3

Been a busy couple days and wasn't able to update for last two workouts on wednesday and Friday, but both went well.

Wednesday:
    Squat 255x3x5
    Bench 185x3x5
    Dead 285x5

Bench was the only thing on this day that was tough

Friday:
    Squat 265x3x5
    Press 125x3x5
    Clean 125x5x3

Felt the squat form get a little loose ont the last set; I will see how I feel warming up next monday, but I think I am going to have to step back to only 5lb increases.

Also, need to refocus on my nutrition..this week I let everything slip - especially making sure at the very least I hit my protein goals

Quote Originally Posted by tollywhacker View Post
    More importantly it became apparent as I was watching my favorite football team lose last night that I place way too much time/happiness in the hands of 18-22 year old kids, as opposed to my own goals. I don't even want to know the countless hours I have spent either watching games or perusing through sports forums. This log will hopefully act as an intro to me being more interested in my own successes and failures.
    You know, this is damn thoughtful of you. I have long noticed that most people in this world are content to watch others achieve something instead of trying to achieve something themselves.

Good luck.

Squats were HEAVY last night - luckily the last set felt easier than the first two. It may have just been that my weekend diet wasn't as on point as my normal week.

I also havent started using a belt yet for either squats or deads - we will see how long I can stay with that.

Deads and Bench felt very manageable

Squats 270x3x5
    Bench 190x3x5
    Deadlift 295x5

Had to move a couple of my workouts back a few days last week, but hit all my prescribed weights - this is the strongest I have been in a long time and it feels darn good.

I was originally guessing that my body would feel beat up by this point, but it feels pretty good.

Thursday
    Squat 275x3x5
    PRess 130x3x5
    Clean 130xx3

Saturday
    280x3x5
    Bench 195x3x5 - this one is getting much harder to add weight on - I ordered some 1.25 lb plates that should be here this week to help with progression
    Deadlift 315x1x5

Quote Originally Posted by Red Finn View Post
    You know, this is damn thoughtful of you. I have long noticed that most people in this world are content to watch others achieve something instead of trying to achieve something themselves.

Good luck.
    thanks - it isn't always the easiest to do - mostly because i have years of caring way to much about what sport team A or B are doing ...as if it really matters. not sure I can tell you what games my teams won and lost even this last year, yet during the moment I care for some silly reason.

I still find myself being sucked in to games at times and have to step back and remember that it doesn't matter.

Besides the gym, I am trying to read far more than I ever have, cook more, and in general spend more time with friends and family. It's amazing the time that opens up when you stop caring about dumb crap.

starting strength coach development program
    Monday Workout:

Squat:
    285x3x5 - these scared me to do each set - I both love and hate that feeling

Shoulder Press:
    135x2x5,1x4 - missed the last rep, but think it was more due to concentration ...i just got 1.25lb plates in the mail so will be using those from now on

Cleans:
    135x5x3

My BW is now up over 190 (started at 184.something)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12